MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to change the fog lights on their mini? i mean the ones really low down in the bumper?one of my bulbs has gone and i need to change it.Any ideas?

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
have u tried sticking you head under the bumper to see what there is? there should be sum easyish access point to the bulb??? I cant say as i dont yet have my MINI

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sylvania Silverstar H7's the only way to go..

I suggest replacing all your lights with the Sylvania Silverstar H7 ST. The best non Zenon bulb on the market. You will like them :)

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
Autolocate said:
I suggest replacing all your lights with the Sylvania Silverstar H7 ST. The best non Zenon bulb on the market. You will like them :)
Are the Silverstar H7 STs for the Fogs only or? cuz you said ALL your lights. what kinda bulbs are they?

·
Registered
84 Posts
If it means removing the fog light housing to access the bulbs, the wheel well linings will definitely have to be removed too. This is because the screws holding the housing in place can only be accessed from the wheel well.

I had a cooper S front bumper installed last week and part of that involved moving the fog lights but unfortuntely I didnt consider how the bulbs are replaced...

Ahhh im afraid its time for me to get back to work! :(

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Since fogs should only be used when the visibility is severely reduced I'm surprised you've had one go.

Why not ask the dealer to replace it under warranty as obviously you've hardly used them.

The manual says you should consult the dealer on how to do it. I think it requires removal of the liner in the front wheel arch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
KenL
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing