MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On the roadfly forum, guy gives his impression of driving the S. Lucky bastard!

"I drove the S"

·
MINI2 Sponsor & Moderator
231 Posts
Don't think it's true. As far as I know you can't get the Dark Silver color with a black roof, only white or body color in the States I believe.

·
MINI2 Sponsor & Moderator
231 Posts
Sorry, too hasty... You can choose all three options for roof color of an S at MINI.USA...

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
LMB said:
Call me cynical but...
I'm just the littlest bit skeptical :rolleyes: about all that myself.

On a side note, I haven't visited that site for a while but it still seems like the information content there is really lacking - about what a new visitor could learn in just 5 minutes on some other MINI site.

I guess I'm a little biased.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Call me cynical, call me skeptical, just don't call me late for dinner

He says it happened in Bergen County NJ, which is near MINI USA Headquarters, so I find it credible that there are some Coopers and perhaps a few Cooper S to be seen on public roads in the hands of some MINI executive on a weekend.

However, I would think that no MINI employee would allow a perfect stranger to drive a company car considering the insurance libility issues. He would probably violate a company policy by doing so and risk his job.

But what really got me was his comment: "...it drove much like any BMW that I have driven." Really? Let's see--163HP FWD Cooper S and a 333HP RWD BMW M3--yeh they probably drive pretty much the same.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
karmuze said:
But what really got me was his comment: "...it drove much like any BMW that I have driven." Really? Let's see--163HP FWD Cooper S and a 333HP RWD BMW M3--yeh they probably drive pretty much the same.:rolleyes: [/B]
maybe he was imagining himself going reverse in a straight line?? :rolleyes: ;)

but on a more serious note, I assume it is the similar level of response road feedback from BMWs that he is describing if he really did drive one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts