MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's all hotel dependant etc but I was wondering how everyone felt about having good old British food as the theme??

We could have beef and yorkshire pudding, roast pork and apple sauce, and good old puddings. Rice pudding, apple pie and custard. Get the idea?!

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not just that but why have what you have every Sunday:confused:
You'd be surprised at the amount of people who don'tt have a Sunday roast anymore....anyway, our oversea visitors would love good old British food!

Now fish and chips.....Sham, we know a place don't we who could rustle up some fish and chips! ;)

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Not being funny, but the food we've had previously has only seemed as good as you could get down a pub on a lunchtime. Nothing wrong with that.

As long as its good food, why worry if it's "Engilsh" rather than something else?

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think the comment about you can get a roast in every pub on a Sunday could also be used in the same way for the Italian food we had too Rakey. I mean, everywhere Italian food nowdays :p I think also for the amount the tickets will cost no one should be expecting a 3* Michelin star meal.

OK then, what other themes can be thought of that will go with our 50 years theme??

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
I'm with Minnie, none of the menu/meals have been "special", just nice/good, which at the prices we charge is good enough.

All the food we've had before has been pretty normal, and there's loads of "British" food that surely everyone doesn't eat regularly. Maybe we could throw in some Greek options for Issigonis?

Beef wellington is one I think sounds interesting (as Abi shouts it at me across the room)...

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
I think the comment about you can get a roast in every pub on a Sunday could also be used in the same way for the Italian food we had too Rakey. I mean, everywhere Italian food nowdays :p I think also for the amount the tickets will cost no one should be expecting a 3* Michelin star meal.

OK then, what other themes can be thought of that will go with our 50 years theme??
Yup totally agree, the food before hasn't been anything really special, other than the last time with the MINI logo's on it.

Maybe it should have a Midlands theme, seeing as the mini originates from there?

******* and peas anyone?:p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts