MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my cooper new have already done 5000miles
had some minor faults all of which are fixed,I called my dealer today to let him know that I am coming in tommorrow to place an order for an'S'.

Now would I do that if the I thought it was crap? no.
So be in doubt no more just go buy one you will be sorry for the rest of your life if you dont.

You have been told! :)

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
zoooooom said:
had some minor faults all of which are fixed,I called my dealer today to let him know that I am coming in tommorrow to place an order for an'S'.

So be in doubt no more just go buy one you will be sorry for the rest of your life if you dont.

Zoooooom how long is the wait for the S and how much do you think you will lose on your current MINI.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Congratulations.
[Now, where is the icon for a green smiley face?!?!?]

I am happy enough with my Cooper and really wouldn't want a Cooper S.......... yeah right.
;)

When will you be taking delivery of the bad boy?
My dealer is full up with orders through 'till 2003 now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Damn you Dinger and your quick fingers!

In response to losing money on the Cooper.
My dealer is about to put a Y reg Cooper with Chilli pack on the forecourt for £13,600. It has covered 13,000 miles.
On reflection it may have been £12,600 but I am almost 100% sure it was £13,600 as he said people will pay it so they don't have to wait.

Interesting post? Nope
Another to up the numbers? Yip

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know yet I just phoned to boot another shot of the works cooper cos when i last drove it i thought it was slow,but it had only done about 800 miles.
But its still only done 1200 miles so there is no point trying it again yet.
So we then started talking about the 's' and I thought why buy a works kit just buy an 's'.so i'm going in tommorrow.

P.S LMB are you still waiting patiently?I'll tell you soon,Promise.;)

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
does anyone have any concrete ideas on the way that the mini will hold its value, i am looking to upgrade to the S in the Autumn time and wonder what it will be worth
I pick it up on the 1st March

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
ELISEBOY said:
does anyone have any concrete ideas on the way that the mini will hold its value, i am looking to upgrade to the S in the Autumn time and wonder what it will be worth
I pick it up on the 1st March
The longer you keep your car the less you will loose. I am taking delivery of my cooper in about 10 days, and I am planning to keep it exactly a year. In that time I recon I will loose maybe £3000 if I trade in, maybe less if I sell private. The trouble is on any new car the vast majority you loose is the VAT. So whether you keep it 9 months or a year it doesn't make much difference. Basically you loose the biggest chunk of the cars value in the first year.

Because of this I considered cancelling my order for my cooper and waiting for the S. I am 3rd on the list at my dealers so I would have been one of the first to get one. That way instead of loosing thousands, I would only loose £300(Deposit).

But I decided against it, firstly because I can't wait anymore and secondly because I quite happy to wait a year for the S as well as take a loss on my cooper. The price is worth paying to have the pleasure of driving a new Mini for a year, as opposed to my horrible Volvo.

LMB :D

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Martyn said:
Amy was a red/white Cooper.....

Pepper pack
Sunroof
ASC+T
CD Boost
8 spoke alloys
spots
leather steering wheel
mudflaps
tlc

Cost new £13402

After 4 months and 10200 miles it was valued at £10700 as trade in on a replacement car.
Martyn,

That is one hell of a mileage for 4 months:eek: You have done in four months what I do in a year :p

With that in mind I think £3000 is a reasonable guess for trade in after a year.

LMB :D

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts

I agree with zoooooom. The MINI is an awesome car. I have also been thinking of upgrading to an "S" but the wife has threatened divorce if I mention it again! :(
What I thought was, if I pay a deposit on an "S" and order the same colour as my Cooper, I could take my Cooper in "for a service" when the "S" arrives and swop the cars over, explaining that the bonnet scoop and lower spoilers were a BMW upgrade to aid cooling of the engine! Might work :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just got mine, my jaw aches I'm grining so much

I picked up my cooper last week after an agonising 3 month wait (on top of the 3 months persuading my wife I needed one). I've seen lots of posts about problems and returns and for those of you who have had problems you have my sympathy but........

I LOVE my car, it's perfect, it's sex on wheels, I'm 10 years younger, I need plastic surgery to remove the grin. OK i've only had it a few days and 250 miles but there is nothing wrong with it, no squeaks, no rattles, no pull to the left, no self opening windows, no exploding fuel tank :)

On the way home from the dealer, every 5th person stopped and stared (think about how often that happens in a 14K car) and 2 new minis passed in the other direction and both flashed (headlights!!) and waved. To quote car magazine, "personal transport doesn't get any cooler then this" :)

PS, if you're not sure about your dealer, mine (I'm working on his name) came from Altwood in Maidenhead. I'm lucky, there are 5 dealers in my area but Altwood is by far the best.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
R1 said:

I agree with zoooooom. The MINI is an awesome car. I have also been thinking of upgrading to an "S" but the wife has threatened divorce if I mention it again! :(
What I thought was, if I pay a deposit on an "S" and order the same colour as my Cooper, I could take my Cooper in "for a service" when the "S" arrives and swop the cars over, explaining that the bonnet scoop and lower spoilers were a BMW upgrade to aid cooling of the engine! Might work :D
Put down the deposit you will have a while to wait and who knows she may have left you by then anyway.
and if not then go back to plan A

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Plan C

R1 said:

Alternatively, what's the trade-in value on the Wife?

Think about it... *two* MINIs & a bike:D

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Its off!

The buying of an "S" plan is off. Suzuki have said they may be making this concept bike. 1300cc, supercharged, 225 BHP! :D

Think I'll keep my Cooper and buy this!! ;)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
You had better buy the wife the Cooper S

R1 said:
The buying of an "S" plan is off. Suzuki have said they may be making this concept bike. 1300cc, supercharged, 225 BHP! :D

Colour scheme:
Black paint, w/ black roof, black mirror caps, black bumpers, black leather interior... black armband:eek:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Re: Bring it on!

R1 said:
225 BHP + 2 wheels + light weight!! Bring on the challenge! :D
Were you in Australia last week? - Story in local papers about a mystery motorcyclist caught speeding on 2 cameras... Exact speed unknown, but known to be in excess of 250kmh upper limit of cameras! Unfortunately cameras face head on & he had no licence plate to trace him. Local bobbies are keen to meet...;)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Re: Its off!

R1 said:

MAD MAX....... Rides again...... Looks better than the R1, R1....:D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
zoooooom said:

Won't work Zoooooom......

What colour ?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts