MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a word of caution from someone who already has a striped car. The stripes are subject to rock chips just like your paint. The only bad part is that you cannot 'fix' them with touch paint. Also, the contrasting color underneath shows up like a sore thumb. Hopefully the MINI stripes are high enough that this will be a very minor problem. Although the front top part of my hood/bonnet has taken some direct hits. Something to think about if you are debating.

And yes they do gather much more attention! Wanted or not.

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
GoMiniGo said:
Just a word of caution from someone who already has a striped car. The stripes are subject to rock chips just like your paint. The only bad part is that you cannot 'fix' them with touch paint. Also, the contrasting color underneath shows up like a sore thumb. Hopefully the MINI stripes are high enough that this will be a very minor problem. Although the front top part of my hood/bonnet has taken some direct hits. Something to think about if you are debating.

And yes they do gather much more attention! Wanted or not.

Cheers!
I must admit, it's the attention that concerns me most, plus it will stand out like dogs b*lls to the cops Lasers.

Still, sometimes you can debate these things for so long you'll convince yourself out of doing anything !

:)

·
Registered
342 Posts
So far in pictures I have seen 2 different versions of the stripes, one being solid and the other having a contrasting edge on either side.

Anybody know which will be the version we can choose in the US?

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
normalizer said:
So far in pictures I have seen 2 different versions of the stripes, one being solid and the other having a contrasting edge on either side.

Anybody know which will be the version we can choose in the US?
pretty sure the factory ones have the black edge

·
Registered
300 Posts
Basil said:

pretty sure the factory ones have the black edge
Will those stripes be the curved ones (the ones on an angle), or the straight ones?

(I'm hoping straight).

·
Registered
300 Posts
I cannot tell if those are slightly curved or straight. I'm gonna assume they're straight.

Does anyone know if you have the option of curved or straight stripes, or will they only offer one choice?

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
I think they will only offer straight as it is the MINI bonnet which makes them look curved.

I have straight stripes on my Cooper and they look curved from some angles and straight from others:

·
Registered
300 Posts

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
The ones in the picture you posted a link to are official BMW ones for the Cooper, they look rubbish in my opinion. Mine are from Mini Spares.

The Cooper S ones I think will have the choice of the border or not, and they will be closer together than mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts