MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tightened my new custom "black powder coated" Forge made front tower strut brace.

In my opinion, the R56 is already quite stiff and thought that I will notice not much of a difference. However after it is installed I do feel a substantial difference and was worth every penny :)

I also purchased the Ultra Racing rear bar, which also underwent the "black powder coating" treatment. Will be installing it this weekend!

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Just tightened my new custom "black powder coated" Forge made front tower strut brace.

In my opinion, the R56 is already quite stiff and thought that I will notice not much of a difference. However after it is installed I do feel a substantial difference and was worth every penny :)

I also purchased the Ultra Racing rear bar, which also underwent the "black powder coating" treatment. Will be installing it this weekend!
Did you custom it yourself? Given it's alloy on their site?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, had it custom powder coated to match with the rest of the engine bay!

Forge sells two types of strut braces. This was the cheaper one, which in my opinion does the same job and looks neater than the twice as expensive version.

·
Registered
129 Posts

Hi,

I have the other version Forge front strut brace for the R56 Cooper S. May I ask where you had it powder coated?

I am also interested in the Ultra Racing rear bar. I thought it was for the R53 only, according to their website. Does it also fit the R56, or have they launched a new version for the R56?

Cheers.....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the Forge Strut bar custom coated in a place in Fan Ling, N.T.

As with the Ultra Racing Rear bar, yeah it also fits on the new R56, just had mine installed diy over the weekend. The easyness of installation will depend on whether you have the optional storage pack or not and will require the cutting of holes into some paddings. Will post some pics of mine later this week!

Last but not least, the air filter can still be accessed without taking down the tower brace. However, if you have a torque wrench handy, it will save you some time by just taing down the brace, which takes like a minute or two.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Is there any on-line shop where I can purchase the Ultra Racing rear tower brace. I found the web page but there wasn't any chance of ordering it straight to them.

·
A mini is a way of life.
2,643 Posts
strut brace

I made an online purchase for a Forge Motorsport Strut Brace. The price was really cheap at only £59 and it said it would fit a MINI R56 COOPER D AND S,but it doesnt my Cooper D:(.The brace itself doesnt clear the engine. Will post some pics tomoz.

This is there advert..................

This polished alloy strut brace has been designed for the Mini R56 Model. ( Those produced from 2007 onwards) and will fit both the petrol Cooper S and diesel Cooper variants . As well as having stunning looks, this brace is designed to reduce any steering geometry changes that occur when the strut towers flex.

Please note: Fitment to the non - turbo variant ( Mini One) have not been confirmed at this time.

Part no. FMSBR56D

Its a great looking brace tho,just gutted it dont fit:(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts