MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just found this website that sell parts for the Mini. They are selling a pulley/chip package which includes a pulley and belt, Bosch spark plugs and a Shark Injector for $600, which is about £350 I think. They are claiming it produces an increase of 25-30 bhp at the wheels. This seems like a pretty good deal to me. I don't really know too much about the Shark Injector though and whether it's any good or not. Anyone got any thoughts/comments? Here is the website. Just wait for it to load all the images and then scroll down until you get to the "TMS Power Package Stage 1 for the Mini Cooper S".

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/show_category.asp?txtsearchParamCat=SpecialMini

·
[email protected]
36 Posts
I would just stick with the 19% pulley/ pulley puller and other mods like Cold Air Intake sys. and exhaust. Chips will void the warranty. The Pulley wont being that they offer it at the factory. Its not as good quality as after market though. Promini has everything you will need. Call them at 800-648-7278 x 221.

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
I would just stick with the 19% pulley/ pulley puller and other mods like Cold Air Intake sys. and exhaust. Chips will void the warranty. The Pulley wont being that they offer it at the factory. Its not as good quality as after market though. Promini has everything you will need. Call them at 800-648-7278 x 221.
Actually Jason many dealers, including mine, will tell you you've voided the warranty by putting an aftermarket pulley on the car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have the Promini intake, but here in England I think even that will invalidate your warranty with some dealers. Certainly most will tell you where to go if you change the pulley. Unfortunately :(

Warranty aside though, does anyone think that this package looks quite good for the price? Anyone know much about this Shark Injector? Is it as good as the AMD Oneclick?

Thanks.

·
gadgetmeister
6,220 Posts
nealskilling said:
I already have the Promini intake, but here in England I think even that will invalidate your warranty with some dealers. Certainly most will tell you where to go if you change the pulley. Unfortunately :(

Warranty aside though, does anyone think that this package looks quite good for the price? Anyone know much about this Shark Injector? Is it as good as the AMD Oneclick?

Thanks.
I am not associated with Turner, (unlike the shameless plug for his own products from Jason :eek: ) and I don't have that kit fitted to my car. However, they are based near me and I've seen their test car at MINI meets around here. It seems very driveable and I've been considering that kit myself. It looks impressive in the dyno tests they've done and Turner are a very reputable tuning shop. They seem like a helpful bunch of guys at the meets, try calling or emailing if you've got questions. Someone who works there is a member here too, but I don't think I've seen him on the boards in a while.

I disagree completely with what Jason says about aftermarket pulley's not voiding the warranty. I don't know about UK cars, but US ones have stickers on them that say you'll void the warranty putting in non-factory radios or using non-factory approved cell phones in the car. If MINI wanted to say you'd voided the warranty, believe me, anything Promini or any other aftermarket tuner sells would be enough for them to say it. Mostly it's down to the dealer. My dealer I think has some Promini parts for sale and they certainly have some Turner parts. Doesn't mean they have no effect on the warranty even from them. You've got to think that the extra cash for the JCW kit is going somewhere - part of it is covering the cost of the warranty.

·
Registered
173 Posts
warranty and aftermarket parts

According to my dealer, MINI of Peabody, Peabody, MA (largest by volume in USA), aftermarket intakes and exhausts do not void any portion of the warranty (they sell Borla exhausts and intakes from BMP and TMS). Reduction pulley modification voids the warranty coverage of supercharger and head gasket only. All other portions of the vehicle warranty remain unaffected (they perform this service for $600. Not sure whose parts they use).

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
nealskilling said:
Hi,

Just found this website that sell parts for the Mini. They are selling a pulley/chip package which includes a pulley and belt, Bosch spark plugs and a Shark Injector for $600, which is about £350 I think. They are claiming it produces an increase of 25-30 bhp at the wheels. This seems like a pretty good deal to me. I don't really know too much about the Shark Injector though and whether it's any good or not. Anyone got any thoughts/comments? Here is the website. Just wait for it to load all the images and then scroll down until you get to the "TMS Power Package Stage 1 for the Mini Cooper S".

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/show_category.asp?txtsearchParamCat=SpecialMini
I think it's a good deal - the Shark is very similair to the AmD OneClick as far as I know.

The Pulley wont [void warranty] being that they offer it at the factory. Its not as good quality as after market though.
you're full of crap - come back when you aren't pushing your own commercial barrow

·
" Wooooosahhh! "
46 Posts
SalemMINIDriver said:
According to my dealer, MINI of Peabody, Peabody, MA (largest by volume in USA), aftermarket intakes and exhausts do not void any portion of the warranty (they sell Borla exhausts and intakes from BMP and TMS). Reduction pulley modification voids the warranty coverage of supercharger and head gasket only. All other portions of the vehicle warranty remain unaffected (they perform this service for $600. Not sure whose parts they use).
yup its the same way here in california, the dealer i bought my mini from is a very close friend of mine, and he told me the same thing. Too bad my turbo will void it :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
n0zaaa
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing