MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its not free is it - its surely part of the on-the-road price, but where is it written down?
Or is it dependant on individual dealers practices? I dont want the embarrassment of arguing with the dealer when I pick it up, only to not be able to prove that I,ve paid for the 'free' tankfull (if they don't give it to me).

Texy

·
50 PMs no sig group
22,285 Posts
I got half a tank when I picked up mine :( Mind you the dealer said that was actually more than they usually give.

There's a thread somewhere on this site about what freebies people got on delivery. Someone joked that the dealer was able to demonstrate the low-fuel indicator since they'd put so little petrol in :p

Well I imagine all dealers are different - I wouldn't bet on a full tank being part of the on-the-road price :)

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
I got a chockers tank.

I assumed it was part of 'pre-delivery and prep' ?

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
1st cooper came with a full tank :)
My present car came with about a third of a tank :mad: The tight fisted barstewards :p

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Mine came with a full tank of petrol, and no charges for it :D

Veronica

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
Even if it's free it has to be listed on the invoice. VAT purposes ;)

·
Loud and Proud
239 Posts
My car was delivered to me from my garage which is a good 40 minutes drive away (I'm fussy and none of the local garages are good enough fo me!) and it had 3/4 tank, so it would have had a brimmed tank when it set off.

Oh, and both the delivers and the fuel was free! :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
On my invoice it included in the price was a full tank of petrol, which the dealer tried to tell me was thrown in out of courtesy, so out of courtesy i asked for the £40 odd to be taken off the cost :p ,. Ended up with a FULL tank and £40 reduction.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
LOL - Nice one!!
On my order sheet, it says this about the 'Road Pack' : Delivery Plates, Anti Freeze, Dealer Preperation, Petrol, Emergency Service - £316.09. Add VAT to that comes to £371.40,
which seems a strange figure. So I have paid for petrol (or at least I will when the car arrives),
but I don't know how much I,ve been charged for, unless someone can tell me what the on-the-road price is, if its fixed.
Texy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.