MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2008 Clubman, that has been fantastic, just clocking 97K miles. In the last MOT the rear number plate bulb had gone, and on closer inspection it seemed that the wires were fused together. A day at the garage has produced that the FRM module has gone. This can be replaced but needs to be coded to the car, which only the main dealers can do. The main dealers wont code it if they haven't replaced it!! I have been quoted £1200 for the pleasure. The cam belt also requires changing, and there seems to be a problem with the fuel system.
Does anybody know if anyone repairs the FRM module, or is it going to be a case of get rid of it now?

·
Registered
597 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
i have a 2008 Clubman, that has been fantastic, just clocking 97K miles. In the last MOT the rear number plate bulb had gone, and on closer inspection it seemed that the wires were fused together. A day at the garage has produced that the FRM module has gone. This can be replaced but needs to be coded to the car, which only the main dealers can do. The main dealers wont code it if they haven't replaced it!! I have been quoted £1200 for the pleasure. The cam belt also requires changing, and there seems to be a problem with the fuel system.
Does anybody know if anyone repairs the FRM module, or is it going to be a case of get rid of it now?
try this guy he.s called dale 07807222262 he programs and clones all ecu stuff on pretty much anything, ie he would find a secondhand ecu and clone it with your old one, ie you send yours registered post in some cases top bloke really is fair all around bailed me out of some right rotten ecu problems before,,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
mike1967
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing