MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okidoki.....

Miss Mouse has had a bit of the screaming ab-dabs this last week or so. Now, I just want to clear this up. As Sham has already said, lets all be totally honest with each other and so I am going to be!

I have to say that Pauls postings (sorry Paul) made me mad as I had no idea of what was going on so I stewed on it. Then he posted again about being in touch with Woodmans. What I failed to see was that he was actually discussing the Friday night out with Alison. So, me being me, jumped to the wrong conclusion (is that right Paul?) and dived in with all guns firing! For that I'm sorry.

Now, on the back of my rant Rakey jumped in saying that he was unhappy about some stuff too. I just want to say that I think Rakeys issues are so completely not what I was brassed off about and I don't want anyone to think I am still unhappy with anything. I couldn't be happier. I am happy with the date, Blackpool, Woodmans, the charities and even the Gold theme.

What I will ask is that perhaps a little more information floats about within this forum.

That's it for now folks......sorry

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
And to be fair to Paul you did mis-read the post ;) It was ...............

Friday nights entertainment
To be organised by Sooper Paul.
Already spoken to Ali about Woodmans contact with the venue - hopefully this will result in a block booking and if we are really lucky a discount.

So the wheels are in motion ;)

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
so let's just move on and get this thing rocking - folks LOVED the idea of the illuminations and the Ball, sure it's a long way for some but overall it will balance out :)

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
Okidoki.....

I have to say that Pauls postings (sorry Paul) made me mad as I had no idea of what was going on so I stewed on it. Then he posted again about being in touch with Woodmans. What Paul omitted to say was that he was actually discussing the Friday night out with Alison. So, me being me, jumped to the wrong conclusion (is that right Paul?) and dived in with all guns firing! For that I'm sorry.
:eek: It had to be me :eek:

But yes Jackie it was just about the Friday night which, as Bob has already pointed out, I thought I had made clear :eek: Sorry if it didn't.

Friday nights entertainment
To be organised by Sooper Paul.
Already spoken to Ali about Woodmans contact with the venue - hopefully this will result in a block booking and if we are really lucky a discount.

So the wheels are in motion ;)
And just to clarify I had conversations with Sham about going to Funny Girls and he told me they opened Woodmans new showroom a while ago so they would have a better contact than me. Funny Girls Showbar - Blackpool

I just wanted to check with Ali about this as the venue can get booked up and I want to explore block booking some tables so we can all eat and not have to stand downstairs. Having tables and food will make it so much more enjoyable.

Full FG's website here: Funny Girls Show Bar - The Greatest Show in Blackpool

All the other postings about photographers were me throwing things into the pot - I haven't contacted anyone or done anything - just a bit of research to find out what the options are. Funny girls had a photographer but it now seems to be missing from there web site so I looked for others.

Anything I might bring up now is just me being keen and finding out what's about and what we can get. This is just the way I do it I guess, running the Severn's pretty much single handed has meant I have had to be pro active. But everything I do (I do it for you ;) ) I do to put in the pot for discussion :eek: Then bring all the options for our first meeting.

Just for the record I would never just go ahead and book anything without everyone having their say.

And Sham - calling a spade a spade :p - no I don't want your bloody job :D

Paul

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fear not Paul, it's normally always me and to prove a point.....this time it was me with the wrong end of the bloody long stick!

I have been back and corrected a mistake in my first post. I wrongly said you had omitted to say why you were incontact....stupid me didn't read that bit. So I have now changed it to read right!

Still love ya and I can't wait to get to Funny Girls....you know I love being out with all you poofs! :p

·
Beginning a new era
12,809 Posts
It'll be a great night... don't think John's too impressed :p things like that make him squirm :hmph: but I'll be there no matter what :D

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
actually selling the Friday night is worrying me a bit. I know people will think it's a gay venue - which it's NOT.

It is gay owned and run and the performers are on the whole gay. BUT the client el are not :eek: In fact I have always felt very out numbered in there :eek: Last time I went there with my gay mates we all got very seriously chatted up by a group of women :eek: They were fun though and we even swapped numbers :eek:

So - how can I sell this to people? I promise each and everyone of you this show is nothing like a normal drag act - put Lilly Savage right out of your mind.

Think more 1950's show girl routine brought smack up to date with some funny film and show parodies and the best dancing you will see anywhere. But yes done by blokes dressed up as women :eek:

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know loads of people who have been there and say what a fantastic place and show. Sadly, men seem to come over all homophobic at the mere mention of fellas dressing up while us girlies love it!

There was a fab programme on about Funny Girls last year I think. Why not try to YouTube it or something?? Put some clips on the thread when you open it?

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
Already tried searching you tube and drew a blank :eek: They are very hot on no videos.

That programme was good but still didn't show you anything of what it's really like - they protect this thing very well :eek:

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
Just found some vids - and they are not great quality and loose so much of the werformance :eek:

found this review which might be good on .realblackpool.com

Step aside the Ladyboys of Bangkok - the Funny Girls are here! Actually, Funny Girls has been going for far longer than the Ladyboys have been gracing our shores, and far from being set in their ways, they have honed and toned their show to perfection.

The evening is hosted by the deliciously fruity DJ Zoe who takes great pleasure in tearing shreds off anyone and everyone, much to the delight of the crowd. The venue is stunning. An art deco theatre, with a huge bar stretching the width of the stage. You needn't miss the show while you're waiting to be served.

And what a show it is! Themed set pieces have the audience in stitches from the moment the curtains part. Betty Legs Diamond and her troupe of goooorgeous dancers take us through classics from the Sound of Music, Grease, Little Shop of Horrors and loads more - all perfectly lip-synched and all with plenty of added laugh-out-loud moments missing from the originals!

The bunch of straight lads standing behind us were even starting to worry that they were fancying the girls (we heard a conversation that went something along the lines of, "are you SURE they're all blokes? She's got amazing legs!"), and if you prefer your men to be men then the chorus includes two or three dancers out of drag who really aren't too hard on the eye...

A real treat of a night's entertainment. Take your gran! Take your partner or any persuasion! Take all your friends... Funny Girls alone is worth a trip to Blackpool.

·
Beginning a new era
12,809 Posts
Just found some vids - and they are not great quality and loose so much of the werformance :eek:

found this review which might be good on .realblackpool.com

Step aside the Ladyboys of Bangkok - the Funny Girls are here! Actually, Funny Girls has been going for far longer than the Ladyboys have been gracing our shores, and far from being set in their ways, they have honed and toned their show to perfection.

The evening is hosted by the deliciously fruity DJ Zoe who takes great pleasure in tearing shreds off anyone and everyone, much to the delight of the crowd. The venue is stunning. An art deco theatre, with a huge bar stretching the width of the stage. You needn't miss the show while you're waiting to be served.

And what a show it is! Themed set pieces have the audience in stitches from the moment the curtains part. Betty Legs Diamond and her troupe of goooorgeous dancers take us through classics from the Sound of Music, Grease, Little Shop of Horrors and loads more - all perfectly lip-synched and all with plenty of added laugh-out-loud moments missing from the originals!

The bunch of straight lads standing behind us were even starting to worry that they were fancying the girls (we heard a conversation that went something along the lines of, "are you SURE they're all blokes? She's got amazing legs!"), and if you prefer your men to be men then the chorus includes two or three dancers out of drag who really aren't too hard on the eye...

A real treat of a night's entertainment. Take your gran! Take your partner or any persuasion! Take all your friends... Funny Girls alone is worth a trip to Blackpool.
Sounds fab Paul... you've sold it to me :D but when I first saw the link I thought it looked like a great night out :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts