MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people! I've been watching the site for a while but decided to join as I've just placed an order for a CooperS - I needed to share my excitement!

Ive got an '02 One and although I was originally looking to upgrade to a Cooper I made the mistake of driving a CooperS! Hooked!! Anyway - I was hoping that some of you more experienced S owners could offer me some advice on options etc.

I've ordered a Hyper Blue S with white roof + wheels + mirrors, anthracite cloth and silver trim. Chilli pack, CD+Boost, Heated mirrors + jets (for the sake of £40!). Am I missing anything obvious - I have 2weeks to confirm the spec and dont want to miss anything worth having.

I was thinking about folding mirrors (cos they're cool) and the heated windscreen etc. Do you reckon they're worth it? My big dilemma is bonnet stripes! I've seen cars with and without in HB and am just not sure - please help!

Thanks for your time guys!

·
Hillbilly boy
1,214 Posts
simeski said:
Hello people! I've been watching the site for a while but decided to join as I've just placed an order for a CooperS - I needed to share my excitement!

Ive got an '02 One and although I was originally looking to upgrade to a Cooper I made the mistake of driving a CooperS! Hooked!! Anyway - I was hoping that some of you more experienced S owners could offer me some advice on options etc.

I've ordered a Hyper Blue S with white roof + wheels + mirrors, anthracite cloth and silver trim. Chilli pack, CD+Boost, Heated mirrors + jets (for the sake of £40!). Am I missing anything obvious - I have 2weeks to confirm the spec and dont want to miss anything worth having.

I was thinking about folding mirrors (cos they're cool) and the heated windscreen etc. Do you reckon they're worth it? My big dilemma is bonnet stripes! I've seen cars with and without in HB and am just not sure - please help!

Thanks for your time guys!
Thats gonna be some S, wow, have you got wings for it aswell?

anyway welcome to M2

The spec is all you want it to be, you will get many different answers to this post, whatever, you wont regret it....just the wait..

Billy

·
Making it all better.
93 Posts
My two pence worth...

I used to have a heated windscreen on my focus, but don't on my MCS. I miss it - it's great for quickly clearing a misted windscreen without turning the car into a sauna.

As for bonnet stripes, my personal opinion is that a Cooper S is not a real mini without them. My EB/W MCS didn't have stripes when I got it (second hand) but they were added within a day....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mini-Medic said:
My two pence worth...

I used to have a heated windscreen on my focus, but don't on my MCS. I miss it - it's great for quickly clearing a misted windscreen without turning the car into a sauna.

As for bonnet stripes, my personal opinion is that a Cooper S is not a real mini without them. My EB/W MCS didn't have stripes when I got it (second hand) but they were added within a day....
Hi
have had my S since january 2003, if you have air con I would say that clears the screen best of all. I had a golf GTI before and am very glad I went for an S rather than a Cooper. I'm not a fan of stripes but with hindsight I might not have gone for dark grey and black, I am glad I went for leather tho but that's a personal thing.

Rich

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that guys! I suppose its a good thing that I have a little time to decide on the final spec!

I got a provisional delivery date of mid Dec today so quite pleased about that - i had to wait 4months for my one back in 2002 - looking around that seems to be pretty quick?!

Kev : ref the steering wheel - does it do the radio and cruise control? What does the cruise control work like - any good?

Thanks again Gents!

·
Registered
733 Posts
The auto-dimming rear view mirror and auto wipers and heated screen are well worth getting IMO

I didnt get the multi function steering wheel but NOW wish I did :eek:

·
Making it all better.
93 Posts
simeski said:
Kev : ref the steering wheel - does it do the radio and cruise control? What does the cruise control work like - any good?
The MFSW is well worth going for... has controls for radio/CD station/track and volume as well as cruise control which is particularly useful for setting to 40 mph around the Nottingham ringroad under those damn SPECS cameras.... :mad:

·
MINI2 Jedi Master
1,237 Posts
The MFSW is a must have IMO. If you don't get it I believe you will regret that decision. I use the cruise control all the time and it really makes long motorway stretches so effortless.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts