MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
You probably don't have to wash it, just crank the tunes and shake the dirt off!

Nice ride. What kind of wheels are those?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
robtheMINInut said:
You probably don't have to wash it, just crank the tunes and shake the dirt off!

Nice ride. What kind of wheels are those?

Wich one?
:confused:

·
2003 PS MCS
137 Posts
Well, personally I've never understood this thing about installing car stereos loud enough to deafen you from 50 feet away, nor have I understood why people stick odd bits of fibreglass and whatnot onto perfectly good cars. BUT, that all said, that's not a bad looking job. I like the blue lights inside and the rims are pretty nice. What are they?

Cheers.

J\

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jason2025 said:
Well, personally I've never understood this thing about installing car stereos loud enough to deafen you from 50 feet away, nor have I understood why people stick odd bits of fibreglass and whatnot onto perfectly good cars. BUT, that all said, that's not a bad looking job. I like the blue lights inside and the rims are pretty nice. What are they?

Cheers.

J\
This car made for Sound Competition.
18" MS-Design, BSR, FK Automative High Sport suspention, M3 steering w, if u notice, :)

·
94 Posts
I will also never understand taking a perfectly good car and turning it into a touring annoyance incapable of producing any sound even remotely resembling music. If you want loud bass thuds, go into construction. Cars are for driving and stereos should be able to produce audible sound, in my opinion. So overall, fugly and a waste, but yeah, nice rims.

·
2003 PS MCS
137 Posts
alcibiades said:
I will also never understand taking a perfectly good car and turning it into a touring annoyance incapable of producing any sound even remotely resembling music. If you want loud bass thuds, go into construction. Cars are for driving and stereos should be able to produce audible sound, in my opinion. So overall, fugly and a waste, but yeah, nice rims.
Hehe, so it's not just me. I used to live on a main road in town and there's nothing more annoying than boom cars you can hear from a mile away. Bothers me that they think we want to hear that stuff. I can't imagine that it sounds any good inside the car and it certainly will affect your ears. Don't believe me? Ask anyone who works on rock and roll concerts (as I do) why we wear ear protection at all times backstage.

Funny thing is my housemate installs car stereos like that but he hates them. He also, of course, does really good jobs on proper stereos which, like you describe, should and do provide audible sound.

Cheers.

J\

·
2003 PS MCS
137 Posts
VZZ said:
M3 steering w, if u notice, :)
Actually I did notice that. Interesting, though I think I prefer the original MINI wheel.

Sorry, sounds like I'm slaggin' yah here, nothing personal, you've obviously put a ton of time into the car and it shows.

J\

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
whoa :eek: :D

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
each to their own.... I dont mind it!! I've seen much worse anyway.

Todd

1 - 15 of 15 Posts