MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havent posted on here before so hello to everyone

Picked up an r56 cooper s a couple of months back....great car!! Had a small accident today, the front bumper has a tiny crack and my bonnet is slightly out of shape below the passenger side headlight, hardly noticable but I would like it looking perfect again. So I'm looking for an Astro Black r56 cooper s front bumper, does anyboy have any ideas where to one from? There's a few on Ebay but all seem to be local pick up from England and i'm in North Scotland. Have also thought about going for the Aero kit as that would solve my bumper problem, does anyone know prices for this?

Also the passenger side wheel arch plastic skirt is loose, does anybody know how to fit this, The clips are all in place, some are secure but getting others to secure the skirt is tough, is it a case of removing the whole thing and securing the clips one by one

Cheers and thanks in advance

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
The Aero kit is about £1000 fitted i think. I got mine supply only for £799. They take about 8 weeks to come - mine took 10! :(

The wheel arches are held on by plastic clips. you can get these from mini for pennies. easy job to put back on properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response.

Looks like I can get a cooper s bumper for a reasonable price but still getting swayed by the aero kit.

Had a go at the clips today (wheel off and everything) but they all look like one way clips which when they are fitted go through the bodywork but cant come back out. All are still in place but some are not holding the trim on and I cant rotate them to lock back in. Think I need new clips and maybe I'll just leave it to someone who knows what they are doing:(

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
You dont need the wheel off to do it mate. Go to MINI and get (i think) 6 clips, pul the arch off and prize out the clips, place all the clips in the hoders on the arch and simply click into place (making sure its in the side skirt and bumper first. very very simple job mate, if you go to to somewhere else you will be paying for something you can do yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts