MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately and in my stupidity I didn't specify clear indicator lenses when i bought my car. I've changed the side ones, and the rear don't bother me so much but the front look terrible!

Has anybody changed the front orange bit on here to clear? Do I need to order the parts from MINI and am I going to have to change the whole light surround? Does anybody have any idea of cost? Fancy changing to some brighter headlamp bulbs too maybe from Mikey.

Thanks in advance!

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
Unfortunately and in my stupidity I didn't specify clear indicator lenses when i bought my car. I've changed the side ones, and the rear don't bother me so much but the front look terrible!

Has anybody changed the front orange bit on here to clear? Do I need to order the parts from MINI and am I going to have to change the whole light surround? Does anybody have any idea of cost? Fancy changing to some brighter headlamp bulbs too maybe from Mikey.

Thanks in advance!
Unfortunatly you cannot buy the clear lenses for the headlights directly from MINI, however if you have a look at this thread, the American guys have worked out if you take the halogen headlamp apart you can pop the orange indicator lense out and leave it empty thus giving the impression of the clear headlight, I'll be doing this mod once I get a free weekend :)

MINI COOPER :: North American Motoring - DIY Clear front turnsignal lenses

·
BMW CC MINI Register
100 Posts
The problem I see with taking the indicator lenses out is that it may fail an MOT !

Cheers
Ian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts