MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
No more MINI
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have just finished connecting my front 6000cs Infinity Component Speakers, but I am stuck because I can't put the speaker in place of the stock one,, the rear speaker magnet thing hits a wall inside the door,, the screw pattern is different,,, please advice me what to do,, my car doors are all naked,, :mad: :( :mad:

I will keep checking the post,, so please help soon

Thanks

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
sa3dos said:
whats MDF ?? :confused:
Medium Density Fibreboard. If you pop down to your local DIY store they'll have the boards
labeled as MDF. It's cheap, easy to use and has good qualities for speaker pods.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I made my own spacers by bolting the speaker to the door spaced 1" with spacer bolts from the hardware store, then stuffed felt covered spongy styrofoam inbetween the door metal and the speaker frame....BUT..would've used that spacer ring on Newministuff's site if I had known about it!

·
No more MINI
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have made a custom Hard Hard Wood Bracket that has the shape of the original factory speaker from the outside and the inner circle had the size of my new infinities,, i put strong sponge to eliminate any knocks that may result at high volume level. The tickness of the wood is approx 1.2" thick.

I put everything back togither,, the sound is crazy,, cant wait for the Alpine amplifier soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
front speakers

You might need to adjust the window slides.When i fitted MB quatrs to the front doors, i found that one speaker fitted fine but the other would not. After much confussion i nedded to slightly adjust the windows. The screw is at the bottom of the door, loosen it and move it outwards slightly

Chris :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
As suggested either buy a commercial spacer or make your own out of wood or plastic etc. I made mine out of a couple of different thicknesses of MDF glued together to get the right overall depth. The only disadvantage of MDF is that it does not like water and needs to be sealed (painted or vanish etc).

When mounting wind the window right down first to check that the speaker magnet does not foul. Then, if the speakers are large (depth), drill off the grilles on the door cards. Refit the cards and check for clearence especially around the cone surround. Do another check with the HU turned up loud! You will be supprised how much cone travel there is on a decent set of speakers. My Focals kept hitting the card at higher volumes so I ended up cutting away all the grille mounts and opening up the diameter to give the clearence. Then just superglued the grilles back in place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.