MINI Cooper Forum banner

Fuel Caps?

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  RONHULLOCK 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if you can replace the standard doored fuel cap with the cooper S chrome one?
and how much?
i have a mini one and the standard cap looks, plus i dunno if it come on all or just as an extra but i have a thing in mine that only allows petrol nozzles not desiel, which really annoys me as it rejects certain premium fuel nozzles, and gets stuck alot :angry:
much apprieciate responses :smile:

#2 ·
Yes you can.

Heres the link to a thread which has all of the prices etc:
If you have an R56: http://www.mini2.com/forum/derek-woodman-mini/153589-r56-coopers-filler-cap.html

If you have an R50/R52 (old style or convertible) you'll have to ask your dealer, however, they are available and should be about the same price. Ask Chris at Derek Woodman or Woolaston MINI.

Changing the filler cap would only change to door - the width of the hole (a bit of a crude explanation! where the nozzle metal bit goes in) stays the same though. Its mainly a visual thing though!;)

#6 ·
i have a mini one and the standard cap looks, plus i dunno if it come on all or just as an extra but i have a thing in mine that only allows petrol nozzles not desiel, which really annoys me as it rejects certain premium fuel nozzles, and gets stuck alot :angry:
It took three attempts to understand, but i think I've got it now...

If you change the standard cover on your One for the S style you will still keep your existing filler pipe, so it won't make any difference.

Not sure where you are filling up, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time anyone has ever reported that premium unleaded nozzles are bigger than standard unleaded ones.

#10 ·
yhh the thing about the premium fuel iv now found to be just me, my bad.
i must have been in a rush and didnt push it in far enough :rolleyes:.
i now have the S filler cap, its briliant, and to rooniusmaximus, yes it does lock, it uses the exisiting lock mechanism which uses the catch on the chrome cap instead of the catch on the original flap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.