MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
i am thinking of getting 15% pulley for my MCS, just wondering anyone notice a big increase of fuel consumption after installing pulley?

also, anyone had install the pulley without changing exhaust?

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
I log every tank. During normal usage my mileage hasn't changed.
Running an after-market exhaust system that was on the car almost a year before doing the pulley.

·
Registered
58 Posts
asinn said:
hi guys,
i am thinking of getting 15% pulley for my MCS, just wondering anyone notice a big increase of fuel consumption after installing pulley?

also, anyone had install the pulley without changing exhaust?
Hey Asinn,

I just installed the pulley and ECU. I'm still in the "enjoying the pulley" stage, so I'm running the car a bit hard. But, in general, I've heard that most people actually improve their mileage a small amount (as long as they don't go WOT all the time). In general, with a bit more HP and torque lower in the band, I'd expect to get better mileage.

Just my $.02

BB

·
03 MCS Pure Silver / Blk
232 Posts
My mileage went down a little, but I installed the Alta air intake at the same time... really like the whine and tend to drive at slightly higher RPMs.

I did the Alta 15% pulley and Air intake at the same time.... 4 months later installed the Milltek exhaust. Maybe the ECU by September.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts