MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
i am thinking of getting 15% pulley for my MCS, just wondering anyone notice a big increase of fuel consumption after installing pulley?

also, anyone had install the pulley without changing exhaust?

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
I log every tank. During normal usage my mileage hasn't changed.
Running an after-market exhaust system that was on the car almost a year before doing the pulley.

·
Registered
58 Posts
asinn said:
hi guys,
i am thinking of getting 15% pulley for my MCS, just wondering anyone notice a big increase of fuel consumption after installing pulley?

also, anyone had install the pulley without changing exhaust?
Hey Asinn,

I just installed the pulley and ECU. I'm still in the "enjoying the pulley" stage, so I'm running the car a bit hard. But, in general, I've heard that most people actually improve their mileage a small amount (as long as they don't go WOT all the time). In general, with a bit more HP and torque lower in the band, I'd expect to get better mileage.

Just my $.02

BB

·
03 MCS Pure Silver / Blk
232 Posts
My mileage went down a little, but I installed the Alta air intake at the same time... really like the whine and tend to drive at slightly higher RPMs.

I did the Alta 15% pulley and Air intake at the same time.... 4 months later installed the Milltek exhaust. Maybe the ECU by September.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
zied
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing