MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Kmess
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

It was around time to replace my fuel flilter, and this is the first time I've done something like this on a mini and discovered that mini's have servisable fuel filters. So I ordered something along the lines of this

and popped up the back seats and the covers to the fuel filter housing and everything went fine, right?

Nope, I opened both covers and only the fuel pump was visable on the left hand side. Where the fuel filter is suposed to be I was only met with plastic.

I can find very little about this online and I know that few models use an external metal one, but searching to see if my cars one of those is coming up false.

Any help is greatly appriciated! This is my first mini and I'm learning

Car is 2008 R56 Mini Cooper
Right hand drive (UK)

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
fwiw, looks the same as my relative's 2007 Cooper with 1.6 N12 engine.

The fuel filter is an integral part of the electric fuel pump which is visible in your photo. It is not a serviceable part as far as I am aware.

(I think the Cooper S models use a different fuel pump/filter arrangement, and you have bought a filter for it, but don't quote me)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah - filter is for an S I recon. Amazon is showing incompatible parts based on my reg/model - 2007 Cooper R56. Oh well, the fuel pump just got a new rubber. :)

I'm a little older and a little wiser.

Thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The fuel filter can be changed on the first generation BMW Mini (Tritec engine). Don't know about the later generations.

·
Registered
514 Posts
The UK N12 does not have a fuel filter fitted. If you check realoem.com you wont find one in the diagram or listing. I have been through this and found I had wasted money on a filter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all - so I have a 2010 (daughters car) Mini 1.4 petrol - The left hatch behind the drivers seat is just the tank - no filter - the right is the sender) - does anyone know if there's a fuel filter elsewhere? It's doing my noodle in - and NOTHING online that says there isn't one or it's in a different location - any ideas? Thanks all...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts