1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Shocking that the whole plant is shutting down - that really must be a last resort!

could this be the longest period of complete downtime since production began in 2001?

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
strange how there's been nothing in the news about holiday makers being stranded if the airports are being blockaded?

·
Mini in Barcelona
6 Posts
strange how there's been nothing in the news about holiday makers being stranded if the airports are being blockaded?

Because they aren't. The strike only affects lorry drivers. The airports work just fine provided they get fuel. The problem is there's no transport from factories to airports or ports ;)

And my MINI is on the way :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Didn't know you were getting a new Mini???;)
Cheeky :p

Not long to wait then! When do you pick it up?;) Come on then, give us some details! Is it going to be 08 reg or 58?:D
There is a thread ;) Its will be an '08' but im having my own personal plate put straight on this time..

Mine is too! :D

Just hoping these fuel problems doesn't delay delivery to the dealership! :unsure8ly:
Mine took 4 days :eek: I guess with the fuel thing yours may take a bit longer?! How long has it been 'in transit'?

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
Cheeky :p

There is a thread ;) Its will be an '08' but im having my own personal plate put straight on this time..

Mine took 4 days :eek: I guess with the fuel thing yours may take a bit longer?! How long has it been 'in transit'?
Ok, do we get some information this time? How about what colour it is - would it be chilli red with a white roof:p? Oh, and is it another dooper or have you finally come round and gone back to petrol?;)

Where is the thread? I cannot find it!

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
When they say in Transit, where does it go for 4 days?
:confused:
They go up to Thorn :hmph: Why it has to go up north to come back south a few days leter I will never know :p

My Cooper D must have taken a few days as well! It was built on the 08/01/08, but didnt get to the dealer till about the 14th

Whereas my ONE in 2006 was built on 01/03/06 and was at the dealer on the night of the 3rd!

:D

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
They go up to Thorn :hmph: Why it has to go up north to come back south a few days leter I will never know :p

My Cooper D must have taken a few days as well! It was built on the 08/01/08, but didnt get to the dealer till about the 14th

Whereas my ONE in 2006 was built on 01/03/06 and was at the dealer on the night of the 3rd!

See, I told you it was on a mini adventure:p!:D

·
vroom, vroom!
385 Posts

thats just bonkers!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Just shows that in these days of "Just in Time" production, any delay in transport can stop the whole operation. In days gone by, the factory would hold enough stock of parts to cope with strikes and delays in the supply chain.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Just shows that in these days of "Just in Time" production, any delay in transport can stop the whole operation. In days gone by, the factory would hold enough stock of parts to cope with strikes and delays in the supply chain.
Yes we live in a networked "just in time" world which provided everything works ok then great. Companies like this sort of approach as it maximises profits but generally increases transportation overhead.. As fuel costs rise and rise this model is going to put under increasing strain and If parts of the network fail then god help us.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts