MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need help I pulled the engine out of my 2002 mini base model to replace the axels, clutch and clutch slave cylinder one I got it all put back together the fuel pump wont pump wont pump and idk why please help if you can

Here what I have tried so far:
Checked fuse
Checked relay
Depressed the inertia switch
And traced the line to make sure it didnt disconnect somewhere

Any advice is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
when you put engine back in did you reconnect the little earth strap on engine mount driver side top, also if had battery disconnect as you should of and doors open etc after getting back together its agood idea to lock the car after connection with fob leave for 4 minutes so system sleeps then unlock and try and start it this will reset ecu;s etc, or could try this below,,,, i have done this on may cars over the years and found it sorted the ones out that got confused as they do
How to reset all ecu's

this procedure is called a power latch

firstly turn on the ignition not engine running,
open bonnet remove battery positive lead and then turn off ignition.
then touch the positive lead to earth,this powers down all ecus and resets erasing intermittent faults in the process.then reconnect the battery lead.
if the vehicle doesnt start straight away leave the ignition on for 2-3 mins as it has gone into anti scanning mode.

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
upon starting the vehicle DO NOT TOUCH THE THROTTLE allow vehicle to idle until cooling fans cut in to allow the engine ecu to reset correctly and reprogramme the learning curve,then drive in all gears upto 4,000 rpm accellerating steadily.

as stated this resets all ecus so any electrical faults caused by conflict errors in programming will be erased and fixed.if the fault is still evident there is a problem that will need further diagnosis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts