MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals,
My 2008 Clubman diesel is poorly sick::frown::.
I'm hoping someone can help::smile::.
When i start the car it idles fine, I can rev it up to 2000 rpm with no problems. But when you get to around 2500 rpm the revs start to fluctuate, and if i push it to 4000 rpm it will die and stalls.
When i go to start it again it just turns over, but if I stop and start it again it fires up and idles fine.
Its not bring up any warning lights, so i'm guessing theirs a fuel starvation problem. So what do I look at first and is there any tests i can do, before i have to start changing random parts.
Kev

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Could be fuel starvation so I'd change the fuel filter and add a fuel additive and run that through the tank. I add Wynns injector cleaner to my diesels every couple of months and have never had a fuel issue in the 15 years or so of running diesels. As it happens Hamish the Clubman got his Wynns treatment this morning along with his oil service :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
SeanC
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing