MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles can my car do after my computer says there is'nt any miles left in the tank, i have sat nav if it makes any differance.

Thanx Ollie C

·
Making it all better.
93 Posts
I've never tried this...I'd assume that if the computer says you have no fuel left in the tank then, erm, zero?

Mind you the computer is not particularly accurate - I notice that when I fill up it reads around 400 miles, and yet 250 miles later the tank is always empty :confused:

·
Rallye On Dude!
74 Posts
Mini-Medic said:
I've never tried this...I'd assume that if the computer says you have no fuel left in the tank then, erm, zero?

Mind you the computer is not particularly accurate - I notice that when I fill up it reads around 400 miles, and yet 250 miles later the tank is always empty :confused:
Well if you pulled your foot out of the throttle body ... you might make 400 mile per tank :D :D

I think your shoe is absorbing all that fuel on the wayfrom the throttlebody into the supercharger :p

·
Registered
171 Posts
It will vary from vehicle to vehicle. The "range" function bases the remaining mileage on your average fuel consumption. If you've been driving "spirited" with the A/C full blast vs. driving "old lady like" with no A/C, it will make a huge difference. Either way, they probably build in a small idiot factor, so that when it says 0 there is actually a little fuel left in reserve. The only way to find out is to run it dry. :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.