MINI Cooper Forum banner

Fully forged engine from a company.

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mike1967 
#1 ·
Hi,

I need a replacement engine and want to go fully forged engine for a bit more performance and reliability.

Has anyone heard of this company and/or had any dealings with the fully forged engines they build?

https://www.pro-werx.co.uk/r56-engines

Does the parts they use for the "R56 Cooper S / JCW / 450 Forged Series Performance Engine" to rebuild the engine look like it can cope with 450bhp?

Thanks.

#2 ·
i notice they play down which timing chain used except on the first option of r56 prince engine where list a OEM one,
shame someone dont come up with a dupliex timing chain conversion by now. more bhp will cause more loads on a timing chain that on a standard engine barely gets to 70k. other pit falls with it is they say surcharge on exchange engine as long as old engine can be rebuilt, most of the prince engines fail due to timing chain and oil problems or headgasket/cracked head, also the cylinder head if run low on oil the exhaust cam shaft will wear away the head cam journals all this will prob give them a reason to say cant be rebuilt and loose the deposit for exchange very high chance of,

450bhp thats a lot from a 1.6 petrol engine that said their wording on web page says could be possible,,, the words could be possible leaves it very open,, my question would be for how long would it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.