MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any repair facilities in San Francisco that know how to fix runflat tires besides MINI SF? I am assuming that most tire shops can't do this, please correct me if I am wrong. I have a slow leak in one tire and would prefer to take care of it sooner than having to wait a few weeks for a dealership appointment.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,988 Posts
I don't know that you are wrong, but I wouldn't assume that other tire places can't fix run flats. I went to one place when I needed new run flats, they didn't carry the particular type in question, but offered to get them so I don't see why they wouldn't be able to fix them. Just a guess I admit, but its certainly worth calling a few places to find out.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Any competent tire shop should be able to work on them. They are a little harder to dismount/mount than a standard tire but its not anything unusual. Several other cars have runflats, certain Cadillac and Corvettes for example.

·
Registered
13 Posts
call ahead

Hey I had a run flat fixed down in SSF I forget the garage's name (right across from brueners furniture shop). But this was after looking at about 4 or 5 tire shops. Some could mount runflats but refused to patch the tire, and others didn't want to work on them at all. It's been about 2000 miles since then and the tire seems fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts