MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just fitted the Gateway 100.
I've got an 05 build car with Radio Boost, Cassette and CD Changer in the boot, also got MFSW.

The help i need is with the buttons, they're baffling me !!!

Does anyone have a list of the different combinations to get to different areas of my ipod ?

I'm not finding the Dension manual hugely helpful !!

Any help appreciated

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha yeh i did a search but couldn't seem to find anything, this could potentially be cos i'm to much of an idiot to be able to find the idiots guide !!!

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
The Dension works using the CD Changer buttons on your Stereo... These are numbered 1-6.

From memory....

1 - displays the name of the ipod
2 - allows you to jump through by artist name
3 - allows you to jump through by album name
4 - can't remember
5 - normal display?
6 - again, can't remember

Basically, all I ever do, is press either 2 or 3, for artist or album, then use the MFSW buttons to scroll through the listing on your ipod. When you reach an album you like, wait a short while, and the album/artist name reverts back to the track name, and you can then use the MFSW to select an individual track within that group.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Humph, much appreciated, i'll give that a go and try get my head round it.

My cd changer is still making clunking clicking noises in the boot as if it's still trying to select the cd when i'm pressing the stereo buttons, is this normal ?

·
Totally Insane!
7,800 Posts
I have just had a Gateway 100 fitted. I did have a CD changer and I know that Mikey said that he didn't supply the retention kit anymore as there had been issues. My CD changer is still in the boot and still connected in some way (sorry I didn't fit it and not very technical!), but all I have found is that I need to have the lid open so that it appears off to get the Gateway to work and there are no clunking noises from mine. I will probably get it all removed once I have the time.

·
IJ 2009 - Team 81
3,223 Posts
All of that said mine operates in a completely different way to mine and Jons instructions above.

On my Gateway 300

Button 1 - Selects Playlist 1
Button 2 - Selects Playlist 2
Button 3 - Selects Playlist 3
Button 4 - Selects Playlist 4
Button 5 - Starts Playing All Songs On The Pod
Button 6 - Access to the menus

The menus behind button 6 then operate like the file tree within the ipod itself. Within the menus behind button 6 I have

1 - Playlists - Select this and then scroll through my playlists. Select the one I want.
2 - Artists - Select this and then scroll through my Artists. Select the one I want, and then choose the album I want from the next level menu.
3 - Albums - Select this and then scroll through my Albums. Select the one I want.
4 - Albumplay - Will play the album from whicvh the current track is taken in it's entirety.
5 - Charge - You can choose how your pod charges whilst connected to your MINI.
6 - Access Interface - Choose whether you operate the pod through the car HU or via the pod itself.

Not sure wjhy mine is different, but my instruction manual is to the one currently on their site. So I'm guessing they've changed how it all works with a firmware change.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Gateway 300 works the same as yours, HUMPH.

The Dension is a brilliant little box of tricks, but one problem I have is that the I-pod has a directory named 'Podcasts' but I can't seem to find this on the head unit menus. (The head unit is a boost single CD unit from a 2006 car.)

Many, many thanks to the staff at NewMiniStuff for putting up with all my questions about fitting everything. Superb customer service.

Grateful of any advice on the podcast query 'though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also couldn't find 'Podcasts' through the headunit menus. To get round this i just created a Playlist called Podcasts in my itunes then drag and drop the podcasts into there and can now access them through this playlist.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I also couldn't find 'Podcasts' through the headunit menus. To get round this i just created a Playlist called Podcasts in my itunes then drag and drop the podcasts into there and can now access them through this playlist.
You can create a 'Smart Playlist' that contains all your Podcasts automatically, just select the 'Podcast' and 'is true' options, then you don't have to remember to add a new podcast to the playlist it will be added whenever a new one is downloaded.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts