MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

I have a 05 Cooper S with HK, CD Changer and SatNav as standard.

I have recently fitted a Parrot Evo kit which works brilliantly. (Fully Recommend, Mikeys instructions were great too.)

Now I have bought a Gateway 300 kit for ipod. Im obviously going to lose the CD Changer, but I dont have a problem with that.

Im a bit concerned about how to connect it regarding the Sat Nav and the Parrot.

As it stands, the factory loom is plugged into the parrot loom, parrot loom into head unit and the cd changer and sat nav plugs have been moved from the factory loom into the parrot loom.

Now, do I plug the gateway loom into the head unit and the parrot loom into the gateway loom or the gateway loom into the parrot loom which is already plugged into the head unit.

Either way, I assume the sat nav plug should remain plugged into whichever plug is connected to the head unit?

Or can it not be done, in which case any suggestions would be appreciated?

Cheers

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
You will have to move the plugs over to make it work. It is no big deal as they pop right out. I think that it would be easier to move the gateway stuff over to the parrot loom that you have plugged it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you are suggesting leaving the parrot loom plugged into the head unit, plugging the gateway loom into the parrot loom, unclipping the gateway plug and putting it into the parrot one, and attaching the factory loom into the gateway one? You confused me a bit!

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
I'm not sure what the gateway loom looks like. If bought from Mike, it should be setup for a direct connect. What you will have to do is remove the smaller connector from the big black connector and move it to the parrot black connector where the CD changer is plugged it. It should be a simple swap.

It is hard to explain but it is nothing more than swapping the plug that the gateway is wired and exchanging it with CD one on the radio side.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So long as the appropriate smaller plugs are connected direct to the HU, I wouldn't think it would make any difference which order the two looms are connected.

When we had our Mini, which had Boost and a Connects2 CD changer, I added a Nokia CK-7W hands free, and and connected that direct to the HU, with an Autoleads phone mute loom, and the Connects2 loom connected to that one. Hope this helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts