MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... some of us have been discussing the possibility of doing a car detailing day

I recently went to a product demo day with the Audi guys. Greg from Eclipse Detailing did a demo of what can achieved with different products on cars volunteered by those who attended.

Check out this link for what happened on the day
http://ozaudi.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1828

I hear Meguiars also do something simliar but ofcause would be limited to Meguiars products.

So a show of hands who would be interested in doing something like that?

·
MINI Traitor
4,974 Posts
Just ring Meguires, they will come out and do a presentation to a group of enthusiasts :)

Q What do you call a group of motoring enthusiasts??

A) A Clutch

:D :D

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
definitely up for it, I like the idea of the meguiars one in melbourne, we just need a venue.

if you have a look at meguiarsonline.com in the forums, under detailing days, you can see what they do over in the US.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
probably some sort of large, well lit, garage/warehouse type scenario. I don't know if they have a distribution centre in melbourne??
I reckon we could easily get a group of at least 10 down here, and I could certainly drag along a couple of ring-ins

·
Blue is the colour!
13,507 Posts
^UB^ said:
...I recently went to a product demo day with the Audi guys. Greg from Eclipse Detailing did a demo of what can achieved with different products on cars volunteered by those who attended...
Greg from Eclipse is blardy good value and knows his stuff. You Sydney guys should take the opportunity by the horns I tell you! Depending on when it is I could even be motivated enough to come up for this...

and OPH! :D

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
I'm pretty sure that either Stillwell's or Doncaster Garage or Melb MINI will gladly accommodate us for such a demo night. Personally, I'd love to see what can be achieved and what sort of tools we should be using. I see nothing wrong with inviting Meguiar's, we all know that their products are good and work well together. Any supplier is welcome to either put on a night or Sunday morning, or provide details about their products.

I'll ask Stillwell's, they have a fairly large detailing area and are open till 11pm week nights. Would someone else ask the other dealerships and we'll make a decision about location, time and inviting which supplier. If the Geelong guys want to attend we should perhaps meet at a reasonably central location.

Regards, eltel

·
I am Sam
46 Posts
i'll be there as well....
just let me know what it is :D

·
265 Posts
GOGADGET said:
Aye, I'll be in it, a Pirate be a Polishing.
I don't think your decks need scrubbing. Looked pretty clean last time I saw the rig ;)

Ross, count me in on this one.

p.s. Did you see that pic on our little adventure @ Wakefield :D

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
About this Discussion
85 Replies
32 Participants
MiniFr34k
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing