MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heritage Motor Centre

The popular Gaydon Mini Festival returns again on the 5 & 6 July 2008 with a weekend celebration of Minis in association with Mini World.
The event kicks off at noon on Saturday 5 July. Special parking is available for all Minis.

SHOW HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE

Mini Heritage Run from Longbridge : Children's entertainment : Invasion of the Daleks

Saturday features
OPENING TIMES AND CAMPING

The show opens at noon on Saturday 5 July and closes at 5pm. Visitors wishing to stay for the whole weekend have the option of two nights camping on Friday 4 and Saturday 5 July. Camping can be booked online here.

SHOW FEATURES
Invasion of the Daleks!
Throughout the weekend there will be an invasion of Daleks led by Goldie. It is a little know fact that Daleks are fans of the classic Mini....

Mini Trade Village
Mini enthusiasts can browse around the Mini Trade Village. Exhibitor bookings click here.

Children's Activities
During the day children can take part in a special Sports Day and play on a bouncy castle (separate charges apply). Children will need to enter the Sports Day at the show.

Evening Party
Purchase a Weekend Ticket and you can also enjoy the evening party featuring Texan Peacocks a special tribute band and a compendium of giant children's games. Great fun for kids of all ages! For more information about the tribute band visit Cover Bands for hire - Texan Peacocks Party Cover Band - Party Cover Band for Hire - Texan Peacocks

The party starts at 7.30pm and finishes with last orders at the bar at 11.30pm.

For more information contact our Events department on [email protected]

Sunday features
The family fun continues on Sunday with more children's activities and Mini themed events. The show opens at 10am on Sunday 6 July and closes at 4pm.

SHOW FEATURES
Punch & Judy
Kids can enjoy watching classic Punch & Judy shows - visit .Proper Punch and Judy for more information.

Circus Skills Workshops

Always wanted to learn how to juggle? Why not try at one of the special circus skills workshops taking place on Sunday. www.clownsareus.co.uk/circuswhiz/

Invasion of the Daleks....continues!

Face Painter
Children can transform into their favourite animal or superhero with the skills of our face painter.

HMC Kids Club
Find out more about the range of family activities taking place at the Heritage Motor Centre throughout the year.

Mini Heritage Run
Home to Mini No. 1 there will be plenty at the show for the Mini enthusiast. Watch the arrival of the Mini Heritage Run from Longbridge. The first Minis will arrive on site around 11am and the cavalcade will travel around the site.

Concourse Competition
Enter your prized Mini into the MiniWorld Concourse Competition. Click here for more information.

Trade Village
The Trade Village will be on site all day.

Just wondering if anyone else was thinking of going?

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And its a great location too, not just because it has gay in the place name:p

But the museum is fantastic, with loads of very special mini's there:D

·
Registered
408 Posts
Sounds good weekend ..but....how far are 'WE' gonna be catered for????

The last event i went to was the cooper day at beaulieu.a great day with a good turn out of new MINI's....but only 1 class for the concourse???
and NO traders for us either............ and STILL so many ANTI new MINI comments.........:angry:

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good weekend ..but....how far are 'WE' gonna be catered for????

The last event i went to was the cooper day at beaulieu.a great day with a good turn out of new MINI's....but only 1 class for the concourse???
and NO traders for us either............ and STILL so many ANTI new MINI comments.........:angry:
Who knows how they will be, well there will always be some of them anti-new MINI people, but thats their problem;)

Mind when I was at Beaulieu I did look at the concourse and other shows and wonder why MINI's actually get to enter, as I mean they're not exactly hard to enter as they are so new, its not like entering a classic car of any kind, but that could just be me:eek:

But saying all that I'll probably go in the classic rather than the GP, as it is bound to be more fun that way:p

·
Mr Big Stuff
3,475 Posts
Gaydons a great place but I read the following on another forum.

"I will go and put the BMW mini in the car park ill find out to if it is allowed the mini to be put at the back of the stand fingers crossed allowed.
and yes in the German mini and should be allowed on the club stand at the back only so out of the way.
I had a reply from the motor heritage museum gaydon and it it is ok for me to put my mini at the back of the stand if you want me ring them again and ask for some kind of proof I.E letter .then i will do."

What a friendly bunch.

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Who knows how they will be, well there will always be some of them anti-new MINI people, but thats their problem;)

Mind when I was at Beaulieu I did look at the concourse and other shows and wonder why MINI's actually get to enter, as I mean they're not exactly hard to enter as they are so new, its not like entering a classic car of any kind, but that could just be me:eek:

But saying all that I'll probably go in the classic rather than the GP, as it is bound to be more fun that way:p
Its actually harder to enter a new one in concours for me.... :p

If I had a classic at the minute, it would be a low use car, so once I got it up to concours spec it would be easy to keep perfect.

My MINI on the other hand does 2000 miles a month, gets stone chips, bug splatters all sorts, yet I've still got to clean it up and try and compete with cars that may even get trailored to the event ;)

I see what you mean though, someone last year at Beaulieu entered a Convertible that was only two days old - now that is cheating!! :p

But then, that's the difference between show and shine, and concours ;)

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
I went to the Gaydon Mini Festival when I had my first MINI ONE back in 2005 :D I was even allowed to park in front of the museum with all the Classics and MINIs :cool: I had paw prints all over the car after that where people were gawping in the windows :p

I will always remember the little white Classic parked on the end of a row of new MINIs, she wasnt allowed to park with her club coz her Mini didnt have fancy dress :( So she parked with the newbies instead! Good call :D

·
Registered
408 Posts
Who is actually going to this??
I'll be in the area that weekend now and was thinkin of going on sunday!

Is there a show n shine?? as well as concourse??

Is it the BMC running this??

·
Crazy lady..
382 Posts
I might be going to this if I can't get a pass for the grand prix this weekend, will convoy with my friend in his Paul Smith classic and get all the abuse as usual from the anoraks lol :rolleyes: been there, got the t-shirt blah blah blah..

yaaaaaawn......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts