MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
Hey man!

Welcome to the forums... where you from?

What model Mini? New or Used?

(hey only 17 more questions and I have 20:p)

Todd

·
fr34king n00b!
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gday RBS -

Im located near Fairfield , Sydney NSW

Looking at getting 2nd hand dark silver MCS in Jan / Feb but thought id do abit more research first, ive got a good understanding of what i want ( ive been reading about Mini2 for about a month ) , but not enough about what i should look out for when buying one.

Preferably anything above 2002 is good ( i think i remember reading somewhree there were some bugs or flaws with 2002 model? ) . To be honest not too sure on the differences b/w 2002, 2003, and 2004. I understand there isnt any engine differences, theres abit of a facial but thats about it?

Crap thing is: ive got a mortgage ( who doesnt ) , and also a budget of about 35k ( which can be stretched to about 45k ) .

So in a nutshell - my options are:
1) get a mini , spend about 35k and throw in 10k for misc mods to make it mine ( preferred option :D )
2) get something else for about 20-25k , and throw the rest against the mortgage ( probably the more 'sensible' option).

Given the nature of the website - i doubt this is the place to ask these sort of questions lol.

But anyways thanks the warm welcome :) :)

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
I know of a guy who is selling his mini in Sydney at the moment for a similar figure...

$35,000 With all the mods done already. Its probably the toughest mini in Australia.

AP Racing calipers, aftermarket everything... its a real head turner.

The dude used to post on here til he got, well asked to leave:eek:

That car would definately be worth a look.

Todd

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Red&blackS said:
I know of a guy who is selling his mini in Sydney at the moment for a similar figure...

$35,000 With all the mods done already. Its probably the toughest mini in Australia.

AP Racing calipers, aftermarket everything... its a real head turner.

The dude used to post on here til he got, well asked to leave:eek:

That car would definately be worth a look.

Todd
From what i gathered last Sunday the un mentionable one has sold his classic !:) :)

·
fr34king n00b!
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WOW :eek: thanks everyone - to be honest , i havent come across a car forum such as this,ya'll are pretty friendly folk.

Just an update on the situation: had a good long discussion with an older brother about the whole thing, which was quite interesting - In the end, it was resolved that option (1) was the best bet ( in fact he said he'd help pay for the mods ) :D :D

However there was a catch. :mad: - I have to help sell a car ( Toyota LandCruiser ).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.