MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
www.totalmini*****
Joined
·
15,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chuck another tinny on the barbie, I'm off to the dunny. Rack off bouncer!! Fair Dinkum :D:D

Sorry, couldn't resist :D:D

Anyway, I'm coming over to Sydney at the beginning of January for 2 weeks (couldn't get any longer off work :( and figured 2 is better than none) Any ideas on what to do while we're out there?

Anyone wanna go for a few beers? I have no idea where we are staying (I have a friend doing a year out there who's gonna sort that) but wouldn't mind going for a drink with my antipodean M2 cousins :)
 

·
www.totalmini*****
Joined
·
15,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be coming over with Mrs Buttons (Beth) and another mate (James) and meeting another friend and his Mrs, probably around the beginnig (6th is pencilled in at the moment) of January.

We really just want to experience a bit of Sydney, nothing too touristy. I want to see a bit of the surrounding countryside too. I know 2 weeks is not a great deal of time to really see a place as big as Sydney, but it's the best we can do really.
 

·
Smurfing Around
Joined
·
42,086 Posts
ButtonIt said:
I'll be coming over with Mrs Buttons (Beth) and another mate (James) and meeting another friend and his Mrs, probably around the beginnig (6th is pencilled in at the moment) of January.

We really just want to experience a bit of Sydney, nothing too touristy. I want to see a bit of the surrounding countryside too. I know 2 weeks is not a great deal of time to really see a place as big as Sydney, but it's the best we can do really.
I don't know too much about Sydney anymore, I moved away about 10 years ago (not far, Newcastle, just 2 hours up the road, but a completely different life ;) ) We'll wait until all the Sydneysiders get on later in the day. I'm sure we can organise a drive and stuff.

It gets pretty hot at that time of year, we often get temps around 40C :eek: So pack your swimmers and sunblock. There are plenty of nice beaches everywhere, Bondi, Coogee, Manly etc in Sydney, but we have nicer, less crowded beaches up here :p

You can do the Bridge climb, get fantastic views of the harbour, Harbour Cruises, a day in The Rocks or Darling Harbour, a trip out to the Blue Mountains, a trip up to Newcastle :p

You will fill up 2 weeks easily :D

Just found this site
http://www.sydney.com.au/
(I don't know how they thought of the web address)
 

·
www.totalmini*****
Joined
·
15,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Top man :):) Cheers Smurfn, it'd be great to meet you guys, and the sound of a MINI run in Oz sounds brilliant :D:D
 

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
Joined
·
10,324 Posts
Damn shame you cant come down to Melbourne - it is about 800km or $100 return on plane... but it would be too time consuming to travel in such a short amount of time...

Im sure ScottyB - the other OT&B nutter from Australia will be more than happy to meet you in person - and he lives in Newcastle too - I spose you will be killing two birds with one stone.

Todd
 

·
Brass Cannons
Joined
·
3,488 Posts
ButtonIt said:
Chuck another tinny on the barbie, I'm off to the dunny. Rack off bouncer!! Fair Dinkum :D:D

Sorry, couldn't resist :D:D

Anyway, I'm coming over to Sydney at the beginning of January for 2 weeks (couldn't get any longer off work :( and figured 2 is better than none) Any ideas on what to do while we're out there?

Anyone wanna go for a few beers? I have no idea where we are staying (I have a friend doing a year out there who's gonna sort that) but wouldn't mind going for a drink with my antipodean M2 cousins :)
Hi Mate,

I'm an expat Brit living in Bondi Beach, judging by your intro I'd better volunteer to translate for you while your here :p .
If your up for it I can organise a drive day into the Hunter valley. I'll have you guys picked up in MINI's in Sydney and well take you up to the Pirates meet up point (we may have to blind fold you, cause it's a secret location) . Then from there it's a day in the country side.
I'll also be able to give you some pointers as to were to go and how to get there.
I'll definatly be up for the beer part.
I'll be on hols till the 12th but I'll also give you my phone no, so If you get lost I can talk you back, (or bail you out :p )
Keep in touch and PM me your details.
 

·
www.totalmini*****
Joined
·
15,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awsome!! Cheers Gadget :D This is looking set to be an epic trip... I'd be well up for a bit of a drive day ;)
 

·
Once lost, now found..
Joined
·
204,985 Posts
How did I miss this thread! :confused: :eek:

Drive day to the Hunter Valley sounds great ;) We'll take you up the Old Pacific Highway :D MINI stomping grounds :p

Let Gadget know, and we'll organise the gang to meet up one weekend :D
 

·
Brass Cannons
Joined
·
3,488 Posts
minigolf said:
Hmm, I guess it would be rude not to travel up to Sydney to be a part of this wouldn't it. :p
I would say so, if Mr and Mrs Buttons and there friend James can travel 13,000 miles to visit us I would think a few hundred Kilometers is not much to ask. Hopefully we can get a few interstaters to this one, it will be our first run of the year. :D :D :D
 

·
Un-Banned
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
GOGADGET said:
Hi Mate,

I'm an expat Brit living in Bondi Beach,
Jeezuz, I did'nt know you were so close, Im in Paddo. No wonder I see you flying over Syd Einfeld drive on weekends. Nth or Sth Bondi??
I'm down on the beach a few times a week. S only sees daylight about an hour or 2 a week though so you've probably never spotted me.

Matey if you're in Sydney, best thing to do is relax and get :bad::bad::bad::bad:ed every night. I can take you to the best jelly wrestling in Sydney if you want?? :D :D
You can always do the Bridge walk.
 

·
Brass Cannons
Joined
·
3,488 Posts
enzothemaddog said:
Jeezuz, I did'nt know you were so close, Im in Paddo. No wonder I see you flying over Syd Einfeld drive on weekends. Nth or Sth Bondi??
I'm smack bang in the middle part of Bondi Beach, I can see Ravise's from my appartment. :D
 

·
Un-Banned
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
GOGADGET said:
I'm smack bang in the middle part of Bondi Beach, I can see Ravise's from my appartment. :D
well that must make your liver feel good :p :p
Im usually at the exercise bars (Dmitris office!!) next to NBSLC on tuesdays and thursdays. Gotta keep the guns well oiled :rolleyes: :p :p
 

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
Joined
·
10,324 Posts
When Im up in Sydney.. we are definately going to the jelly wrestling!!

Im sure we can organise a night there:p

Todd
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top