MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 R52 Cooper 1.6 manual convertible
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I’m new to this forum. I wonder if someone can help me with an issue.

I have a 2004 R52 convertible manual and on the weekend I had to resolve an issue with the reverse lights not working. It turned out to be the switch which I resolved. Having removed the air box I could see the two gearbox linkages... one doesn’t have a bush and was cable tied in... explains all of the slack movement.
Please look at the photos.. my question... I’ve looked on eBay for a replacement bush... but can’t find a kit for it. Does anyone know of an easy fix to this... I’d rather not replace the entire linkage..

Any help here please ? Thanks...

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Mini Cooper R50 Chili Red, Midlands 5 speed manual
241 Posts

Looks like one of your shifting cables needs to be replaced.

A bearing supply house might be able to find a bushing to replace your missing one, Mini surely assembled these cables from parts available to the car industry. You’ll need the diameter of the ball it goes over, and the inside diameter of the ring on the end of the cable.

I had to guess when putting the data into the realOEM site, right hand drive correct?

Take the part number off that site and drop it into the Search field of your favorite vendor, and your part will very likely come up.

·
Registered
2004 R52 Cooper 1.6 manual convertible
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Looks like one of your shifting cables needs to be replaced.

A bearing supply house might be able to find a bushing to replace your missing one, Mini surely assembled these cables from parts available to the car industry. You’ll need the diameter of the ball it goes over, and the inside diameter of the ring on the end of the cable.

I had to guess when putting the data into the realOEM site, right hand drive correct?

Take the part number off that site and drop it into the Search field of your favorite vendor, and your part will very likely come up.
Hi thanks for getting back to me. Yes it’s a right hand drive car. I’ll measure the diameters and see what’s available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts