MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Be careful when changing g/box oil , make sure oil is the same (gl4) . I fitted febi 40580 which is said to be comparable but this is a GL5 oil
GL5 is not good for synchromesh in gearbox. Tried to get money back from febi but they wouldn’t budge. So bitting the bullet and putting in bmw mtf lt4
Would NOT deal with febi products again

·
Registered
87 Posts
just had the gearbox oil done on my mota as it hit the 100k mark so thought why not :D , i had a google round & found lots of possible alternatives & recommendations from others ( mostly USA as they really like a gearbox oil change over there it seems ) but then found looking through em all checking whats what & such got teadious so ended up at the dealer & got the stuff direct that should be right for the job.

got handed 2L of the finest LT4 & robbed of a fair wedge of cash ( around £58 or thereabout :( ) at the same time but most of the decent looking brands that seemed compatible were not much saving compared.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used comma MVMTF Plus 75W80. It is gl4. Cost about 12 quid a litre from Halfords (you need 2 litres).
I used comma MVMTF Plus 75W80. It is gl4. Cost about 12 quid a litre from Halfords (you need 2 litres).
Thanks for that. Got original oil today. Will renew tomorrow and forget about it for next 80k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts