MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum and after reading all the threads am now convinced that I have a problem with my gearbox. My 02 Cooper is sitting outside my house, virtually undrivable, having brought it 11 months ago (not from a dealership). It has been into a local garage 3 times, on all occasions I was told nothing was showing up on the diagnostic tuner. However, have now been told that it could be the gearbox and it is booked into a BMW dealership on Wednesday for a full diagnostic.

It looks as though (from other posts) that I could be in for a bill of over £2,000 if I get the dealership to carry out the work. I live in East London, can anyone recommend an alternative garage that could replace the gearbox for me at a reasonable price.

Do you think that I would be in with a good chance of trading it in at the dealership if I opted to buy a newer model.

Am gutted, up until now I loved the car but after reading all these posts it has seriously put me off.

Please help, would appreciate all the advice I can get.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I'm in the same boat, i have a mini 51plate for 5 years now! When driving the gears make a ratling noise and have been told the gearbox is in need of replacing. (probably the bearing has gone) I'm looking for a garage in South East London to do the repairs.

I'll let you know what i end up doing.

·
Registered
178 Posts
1320 AUTOS,is the man in the know according to lots of people here,his name is Paul.I've read he can even swap out the dreaded Midlands for a 6 speed Getrag box,if changing why put back in the same junk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts