MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dr Pepper
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Mikey,

I see on your site that you offer Gen2 black lights for the R53.

Are the modified brackets modified Gen1 brackets ie that need drilling into the bonnet or are they something else?

Also have you ever modified the standard spotlight wiring harness to trigger from the high beams rather than having to run the cable back to the box in the footwell?

Any pictures of the lights fitted to a Gen1?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
Hi
The brackets still have to be drilled into the inner skin of the bonnet as per standard 1st gen brackets.
My kits come with a loom that can be just connected under the bonnet ;)
Pic

Attachments

·
Dr Pepper
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mikey,

I like the look of those alot (and the sound of your wiring); what do you recommend for rust proofing after drilling the holes?

Thanks again

·
Dr Pepper
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback; I've ordered a set too although Mikey must have taken Friday off as I haven't had confirmation yet.

I'm keen to use as many genuine parts as possible (even if they're from the newer generation mini!) so this looks like a great option.

·
Dr Pepper
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great service from Mike; I highly recommend Newministuff. The lights look amazing fitted; much better than the Gen1 mini chrome lights that I don't rate on quality.

I made quite a few changes to the kit including stainless steel fixings throughout, a waterproof fuse holder, and changed parts of the wiring harness for different routing / relay mounting. Don't read this wrong - the kit is excellent and ready to fit but I always like to put my mark on things and make everything look as factory as possible!

I also did quite a bit of rust proofing when I drilled the fixing holes; if anyone is interested please drop me a line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts