MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I intend to go and see my first S "in the flesh" with my digital camera, so if anybody has a specific request do post it here.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
cordial said:
I intend to go and see my first S "in the flesh" with my digital camera, so if anybody has a specific request do post it here.
Hmmmm sorry cordial, Everyone must have kept missing your thread.

Request, well thats easy. Anything and EVERYTHING !!!.

We cannot possibly have too many photographs of the car. There was talk in another thread of a new seat mechanism, so piccies of that would be useful to some.

Thank you.

:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
hi cordial
i will be going for the show too. so are u getting an S?
see u at the salon :cool:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Good pictures of the leatherette would be greatly appreciated. Also any aftermarket stuff, especially body modifications and interior mods.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Although not on S I would like to see Velvet Red if they have one.

Thank you for your kind offer and enjoy the show.

James

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Killerbee said:
Good pictures of the leatherette would be greatly appreciated. Also any aftermarket stuff, especially body modifications and interior mods.
Is leatherette aka alcantara???

BTW I'll be going on Friday 15th.

·
Registered
110 Posts
cordial said:

BTW I'll be going on Friday 15th.
I'm not sure what alcantara is. Leatherette is a vinyl made to look like leather. In the MINI it has been reported to look very much like the leather.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Question for Geneva Motorshow

Originally posted by cordial

No, alcantara (var.Alcantra™) is a suede fabric used for seat inserts and dashboards. It's used on upscale luxury marques, such as Mercedes S-class, BMW 7-series, Porsche 996 an the like, so check those displays at the Motorshow and I'll bet you'll find it.

I would like to know what different brands of tires you see on Coopers and "S" MINIs at the show, if you happen to remember. Thanks.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have now posted some pics:

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/index.php?gallery=cordial

Basil, I checked the seat mechanism and it did not look new to me (see pic).

Killerbee: All seats were either cloth or leather.

jcuthell: Velvet red was not there (only Chili Red).

karmuze: All 16" were on Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 and all 17" on Pirelli euforia. Dunlop were showing their Mini run-flats in an interesting exhibit using cut out sections and hydraulic presses! The sidewall looked about 1/2" thick. They also stated that these tyres require no special tools or handling and can be fitted on any rims (i.e. not just for Minis).

·
Registered
451 Posts
:)Great Photos cordial!

And Thanks for checking on the tires for me.

I checked out pictures on the 4car website and found the Bertone Saab Novanta and the Alfa Romeo 156 GTA piqued my interest more than the BMW CS1 or Mercedes Maybach did.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Great High-res shots cordial...... Thank you very very much indeed.

Yep, the seat mechanism looks the same as old....:rolleyes:

And boy, every time I see the silver/Black Roof/Stripes.....I still love it.....

great work........

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Cordial.

If you compare the two shots, one of the yellow Cooper with the leather seats, and the other the one of the JVC TV Tuner on board. See the yellow cooper has a different setup where the side mirror controls are supposed to be.

I don't suppose you remember what they are for do you. It's a question thats been raised in another thread, and bugger me there it is again !!........:confused:

PS. Glad I didn't pay for that phone installation. Fancy going to all that trouble to make a hole in those gorgeous posts only to trail the speaker wires down the sides.....Am I fussy, or is that a terrible installation ?

:confused:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Basil,

I'm not sure about the mirror controls, but it might just be the difference between S and regular Cooper?

Couldn't agree with you more about the "Heath Robinson" hands-free installation. They could at least have put the cables behind the post (or inside it)!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
cordial said:
Basil,

I'm not sure about the mirror controls, but it might just be the difference between S and regular Cooper?

Couldn't agree with you more about the "Heath Robinson" hands-free installation. They could at least have put the cables behind the post (or inside it)!
Thanks for that....... just have to wait and see. Someone mentioned that it might be revised seat heating regulators.

cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts