MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps!
I recently picked up my amazing new mini cooper.. had ordered it with silver viper strips.
Then i found that they now ome with the horrible 'genuine mini' mark on them.. its terrible looks like a tear...
has anyone else had this problem or know of a way to get the garage to sort it out... looks really horrible and at the mo they keep sayin its gotta be there and theres nothing they can do....

hope someone can help!!!!
Thanx
Lou

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
I've just been reading on a different post that someone bought some John Cooper signature stickers to go over them or it,...i havent seen it just heard about it

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
cooper lou said:
Hi peeps!
I recently picked up my amazing new mini cooper.. had ordered it with silver viper strips.
Then i found that they now ome with the horrible 'genuine mini' mark on them.. its terrible looks like a tear...
has anyone else had this problem or know of a way to get the garage to sort it out... looks really horrible and at the mo they keep sayin its gotta be there and theres nothing they can do....

hope someone can help!!!!
Thanx
Lou
Hi cooper lou,

I had the silver and grey union jack fitted by my dealer a few weeks back with this mark just behind the aerial base. I wasn't happy with it at the time and the dealer didn't actually know what the mark was. Anyways the car was booked in again to have the Union Jack replaced. In the meantime I placed a post on here and it came to light that it was in fact a mark to show it's a genuine mini product, so I cancelled in having the roof redone. I guess with all the aftermarket graphics available now, MINI wanted some way to show what is a genuine accessory. But why cut a hole in the graphic to do this. So I got silver cross with this laser cut hole showing the black roof through it!. Still I have got used to it now. I guess the only thing you can do is to get the stripes off and go aftermarket ones as all the MINI graphics will more than likely have this trademark now.

Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i know what it is just looks so horrible my marks the sort of triangle with a hole... very horrible and badly designed.,.. cant see why they dont put the mini wings on it instead!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Where is the mark? Any chance you could take a close pic of the mark :D? It looks like I might be going aftermarket if this is really bad...

·
MINI2 Regular
438 Posts
I've got silver viper stripes, and I was really pleased with them. :cool:

I've got a few pics in my personal gallery if you wanted to check them out.

Bottom line is, if you didn't ask for the logo, and your not happy with it, take it back.

You've paid your money, you should be happy with the product.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello all. I am getting v.worried now cos I have just ordered a P/W Coop with the viper stripes in black. Does some pleease have a pic of this 'Genuine Mark' so I can see what it looks like as it sounds like it spoils the look of the car. :confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ill get a picture for you all this afternoon.. im half way through sortin it out and fingers cossed they will replace it for me,....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi sorry been very busy but heres the pics!!!! hope they help you decide..

im still waiting on the garage to give me there final decision.. but im determine to get it sorted! soon!

Bye all

xxxx

Attachments

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
I could understand if it was a MINI logo cut out but that doesn't look like its meant to be there.You would think that MINI could get this right considering how seriously they take there corporate ID.Even a dealer told me that they had sent three sets of stripes back cos they thought they were faulty.When i mentioned the authenticity mark......a look of ....oh so thats what it was .....came over his face.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thanks for the pic's!! Is the mark just on the roof stripes and not the bonnet stripes?
And if it's just the roof stripes, did you order your bonnet stripes first, before the mark, and then get the roof stripes? I'm not going to do roof stripes; I'm just wondering if these marks are only on roof stripes/decals, and the bonnet stripes are unaffected.

After seeing those pics, I now understand completely why you're so upset with them. It looks, well, terrible--like a Prairie Hawk with a signifcant case of dysfunctional bowels flew over your roof. I hope you can get it fixed to your satisfaction. I don't know what mini was thinking...Good luck!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks.. me too! thought i was being silly over nothing for a bit but now i see no one else likes it either!
they are viper strips and come as a package.. you dont order them seperately so i think if you get the bonnet strips your ok.. although i'd definately check coz im not sure at all!

Hope i get it fixed very soon.. thanks for everyones inputs...
xxxx

·
going or coming?
1,215 Posts
That mark is pants!
Glad I didn't order stripes. May add them later from 3-rd party - but no MINI graphics evere going on my car if they have those "marks" in them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
11 Participants
Pinball
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing