MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a late 2004 cooper with the 5 speed getrag box in it, but ive lost 2nd gear and reverse so was looking at the 6 speed box. However I cant seem to find any posts regarding parts needed to do the conversion. So Im just asking, do i need to get the driveshafts, new flywheel and clutch etc. or is it a simple bolt-on job?

·
Registered
2002 Mini Cooper R50
49 Posts
Hi fella, just brought a 6speed conversion kit for my 02 R50 off eBay, apparently it’s the full kit and it consists of:
6speed box,
6speed driveshafts (pair driver & passenger)
6speed shifter, cables and gear knob,
6speed starter motor,
6speed gearbox mount & bolts,
6speed clutch slave pipe,
6speed clutch kit,
6speed Flywheel,
6speed clutch kit bolts,

just waiting for the bits to turn up... apparently you can buy all the parts individually off eBay too there’s a few listings for it...

to do the conversion you have to remove bumper and inner arches and drop front subframe to get access...

Just browsing myself to see if there’s any sort of instructions anyone has uploaded so I can have a look...

hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm still struggling to find info on a swap from a 5 speed getrag though, it seems no one has done on these forums or anywhere.

·
Registered
2002 Mini Cooper R50
49 Posts
it should be the same shouldn’t it? As a 5 speed box would have a smaller input shaft etc and you’d have to swap gear linkage cables etc as the 6speed would be mounted differently...

I’m not 100% I’m just going on what I can remember from doing at college 15 odd years ago and from restoring a classic 84 last year...

sorry I couldn’t help much

1 - 4 of 4 Posts