MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys...

Just started a new job and was surprised to see the full Mini range available as company cars. So after spending many years driving standard 3 series fodder, I went for a test drive and the rest is history! I phoned the lease company this morning and ordered an MCS with the following spec:

Dark silver
Black roof and mirrors
Black bonnet stripes
Chili pack
Sports suspension
Tinted rear windows
Auto Dim/Anti dazzle mirrors
Smokers pack
Front centre armrest
Full bluetooth

I've got another £400 left but not sure what option to spend it on. What do you guys have and can't live without?

There calling back with a delivery date this afternoon.. Jees I can't wait!

·
Registered
849 Posts
You lucky ******* !

I find the Visibility Pack useful, Multi Function Steering wheel, Auto Aircon, hot foldy mirrors, auto wipers and lights on but I've no idea if any of that comes with the Chilli Pack.
If all else fails, loud stereo!
Hope you get your MINI soon and enjoy driving it.

·
Registered
849 Posts
was just checking Xenons thing myself, I thought that BMW had done a sneaky one and taken them out of the Chilli Pack but they're still there. It may be different in US though.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Xenons come with the Chili pack as mentioned and the multi-function steering wheel (and arm rest) come with the full bluetooth pack.

I agree with S8rah's suggestions.
If you are going for auto-dimming mirrors you might want them as part of the visibility pack (heated windscreen and the very useful auto lights on and rain sensor)
I personally would spend a little extra for the auto air-con as the controls are much easier to use and I wouldn't be without the auto-folding mirrors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with S8rah's suggestions.
If you are going for auto-dimming mirrors you might want them as part of the visibility pack (heated windscreen and the very useful auto lights on and rain sensor)
I personally would spend a little extra for the auto air-con as the controls are much easier to use and I wouldn't be without the auto-folding mirrors.
Good call Darth.... Vis pack and folding mirrors ordered!

just eight short weeks to go, damn I can't wait!

·
Registered
125 Posts
was just checking Xenons thing myself, I thought that BMW had done a sneaky one and taken them out of the Chilli Pack but they're still there. It may be different in US though.
You are right, there is no such thing as a "Chili pack" over here. We get a few different packs (including cold weather, convenience, etc.) but no Chili pack.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good call Darth.... Vis pack and folding mirrors ordered!

just eight short weeks to go, damn I can't wait!
Just had a call from the lease company. They want to deliver my DS/B MCS on the 11 November. The conversation went a little like this:

Guy: Hello Sir, we would like to deliver your car on the 11 November, will you be available to take receipt?

Me: Thats great... Thanks!

Guy: It's shame we can't get it to you sooner but all our drivers are booked up.

Me: So when will it be with you?

Guy: 4th November

Me: So when will it be ready for delivery?

Guy: It'll be ready from the 5th

Me: Would it be possible for me to come up and collect the Mini and drop off my temp car?

Guy: Of course sir

Me: Fantastic.... See you 9am on the 5th Nov!!!

So the girlfriend and I will be making the trip to Bristol in a weeks time... Damn I can't wait :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts