MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just heard from my dealer today that I'm getting all the relevant changes mentioned in the 2005 update applied to my MCS. The trouble is it's going to set me back even more cash:

£140 extra on sat nav
£100 extra on Chilli pack
£50 extra on TLC
£25 extra on Met paint (although she didn't mention paint - but I'm guessing that will be in too)

Seeing as I have an order contract here (dated 25th September 2004) for the original price - should I argue with the dealer not to pay for these upgrades? It's not like I was given a choice as they just told me this was happening - what if I couldn't have afforded the extra?

In all honesty, I am actually quite pleased to be having the extras - just not sure if I should let the dealer get away with it...

Thanks in advance for any comments.

·
A Total Mini Convert
923 Posts
I thought this, but after reading the small print on the contract it says that the dealer can put the price up if they wish. If they do then you have the option of cancelling your car for 14days after they notify you of the price increase.
I think we just have to live with this one :(
I just looked at it that if the LSD had been on the option list when I ordered for a couple of hundred quid I would have added it, so I am effectively not out of pocket.

Matthew

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a feeling there would be some small print somewhere about it - just hadn't found it!

I agree with you really - If I could have chosen lsd or a bigger water bottle (god that drove me nuts on my old MC) then I would gladly have. Evidence a such that I chose the heated water jets - won't make that mistake again :)

I can imagine, however, that not everyone will be so happy about it!

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
My Price has increased to-And I ordered in September aswell, tried as best as possible to get the price down but couldn't!
As they have been given reasonable time before the car is built to inform me there is nothing I can do!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I has nothing to do with the order date. If the car arrives at the dealership after Jan.1st '05, then the new prices come into effect.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I can live with that - as long as the car that turns up has all the corresponding goodies attached :D :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts