MINI Cooper Forum banner

Have you ever had you trousers ( pant) catch in the Seat Height adjusted lever

• Yes - and it's *really* annoying

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • No - never happened ? your bonkers... ( wear a Kilt !)

Votes: 16 61.5%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Getting out my Cooper - a significant number of times my right pants ( trouser) cuf catches in the seat height adjustment

And eventually it broke off at the edge of the seat attachement point !!!
The dealer replaced it under warranty, the next day driving it - i got cough twice !!!!!!!!!

I must say that is the ONLY things that i :bad::bad::bad::bad:es me off about that car... I'm thinking of casting a piece out of resin to fix the problem.

DEye

·
Obsessive Not Compulsive
413 Posts
Yep, it's happened to me as well.
Not that often though, I think it depends on whether you are wearing jeans that are tight in the leg, or dress pants that fit looser in the leg.
I also tend to think it is more likely to happen when you are parked too close to open the door all the way and you have to "sweep" your legs up close to the seat to exit the half-open door.
Let's be careful out there lest we break more seat height adjusters. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
thank you so much for posting this. i thought i was the only one w/ this problem. it happens to me a couple of times a week and it's the most annoying thing. it also makes you look really stupid when you stumble when you're trying to get out of your car. if you come up w/ some type of mod, please post a how to.

·
Registered
691 Posts
:red:

I've never had my pants leg catch on the seat adjustment handle, but I always leaving streak marks from the edge of my boot sole on the inside front of the door as I swing my left foot out--not all the time, but it happens enough so that they build up and I have to clean this area more often than others.

Also, the shoulder strap on my briefcase, which I keep on the passenger seat, often catches on the handbrake as I get out.

And finally, whenever my kids move the passenger seat forward to get in the back seat, they inevietabley roll the seat forward over my cell phone hands free headset cord, so I've had to splice it back together again several times.

Other than that, not major problems getting out of the car--so don't feel like you're alone.

·
Registered
691 Posts
And further more, I think we could probably hear more about shorts and minis from the Ozzies....

I just wonder how they get into their minis when they wear those big akubras...?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Indeed Misery loves company

I will be looking for a mod that I can apply to the lever...

wearing shorts in sub-zero temperatures is NOT a practicle piece of advice.

Yes indeed boot cut pants are no problem, but dress pants are...

·
Back in a first gen.
1,386 Posts
Yeah this happens to me at least once a day if wearing jeans etc.
I tend to look quite stupid if I get out of the car and my left leg is still in there as I start turning
around to shut the door, even more embarassing - it happened outside the pub on Friday (with loadsa fit guys laughing) :( not funny!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts