MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just wondering on the best way to get the glue off when removing graphics? tries white spirit and petrol. what am i best to use?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Autoglym do a product called "something and tar remover" sorry about the "something" but its slipped my mind at the moment(its an age thing:biggrin:)
Alternatively I use WD40 and a fair amount of elbow grease.

·
Registered
22 Posts
how long have the graphics been on the car? if they have been on a long time you may find it very difficult to remove all traces as the exposed paint i.e. not covered by the graphic will naturally weather whereas the paint under the graphic will be protected by the vinyl and so you may always see where the graphics have been, see any van purchased from royal mail for evidence of this, you can always see where the stickers have been, for the remaining adhesive you need a spotting solvent and a bit of elbow grease.

·
Cleaning Whore
356 Posts
Autoglym do a product called "something and tar remover" sorry about the "something" but its slipped my mind at the moment(its an age thing:biggrin:)
Alternatively I use WD40 and a fair amount of elbow grease.
bug and tar remover lol

that will get it off a treat as your car is 07 aint it?

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all your replys guys! the vinlys were on for around 4 years (on a van). in the end i used white spirit (couldnt find WD40) and an green abrasive washing up thingie. made the paint flat. but i cleaned it, t-cut it, colour restore, wax and polish. and looks fine :)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
how long have the graphics been on the car? if they have been on a long time you may find it very difficult to remove all traces as the exposed paint i.e. not covered by the graphic will naturally weather whereas the paint under the graphic will be protected by the vinyl and so you may always see where the graphics have been, see any van purchased from royal mail for evidence of this, you can always see where the stickers have been, for the remaining adhesive you need a spotting solvent and a bit of elbow grease.
Take it to a professional car detailer and they will be able to sort it so that there isnt this issue. Its a matter of cleaning and polishing the paintwork professionally, ie not by hand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts