MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

anyone here got the latest firmware for their MCS? can i just walk up to a BMW dealer and ask for a firmware upgrade? my brother ask the BMW service guy and the guy said that my car doesn't have any problem so no need to change firmware.

the reason i ask is because i bought a AMD oneclick and AMD told me to upgrade my firmware from BMW before sending them back the oneclick unit with the orginal map.

just want to know should i get the latest firmware from BMW or not........

thax

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
The official rules are not to install it unless there's a problem, as apparently there's a limit (about 6 or 7 times) to the number of times they can change the firmware like that

Some dealers will do it if you ask nicely though.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
I asked the service guy when I got mine services, and he said only if there was a problem. So I told him it was idling roughly with a smirk on my face, and he smirked back and said "now you're getting the idea" and upgraded it for me :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
WOW!!! I just got V 39.2 today and dove 120 miles! Hard to put my finger on it, but my 2002 MCS is vastly different! It is really "there" when I need it with NO hesitation! Passing cars in 6th on the Interstate!? Never could do that before!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I do not know. I have friends with MCS's of 2003 and 2005. I sort of think my improvement is based on where I have come from. I have one of the 1st MCS's in AZ. Had the original Cooper S Cold Start problem requiring and upgrade to firmware. That is the only update I think I have had. I have never driven their cars. One has a 15% pulley and the other a JCW kit. My 2002 is totally stock expect for an RSpeed Cooper S exhaust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.