MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a Clubman, which means the battery is under the hood, just below the windscreen. There's a small plastic hatch above it which is just big enough to get one hand in, to attach starter cables or check the voltage or whatever. Silly design but I guess keeping the battery under cover keeps it from getting wet or dirty.

Now I need a bit more working space than the hatch will give me because I'm going to be connecting another cable to the positive terminal for powering an extra amplifier. Problem is, there's a whole lot of plastic in the way that doesn't seem trivial to remove. Has anyone been able to remove the plastic cover over the battery in the Clubman, and can you tell me how you did it? I'd greatly appreciate your advice.

·
Derv? Nein Danke.
130 Posts
I have a Cooper S not a Clubman and on mine i simply pulled off the rubber bonnet seal that sits on the lower lip and removed a couple of bolts that were through mouled tags on the cover.

The cover then pulls off quite easily leaving giving easy access to the battery. Its no more than a 2 minute job. :smile:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks coupe-se. I should have guessed it couldn't be that hard ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts