MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

A really odd thing happened today...:eek:

I locked kurvy up and went into the swim centre. 40 mins later i come out and find that all the windows are down and the roof is in the sunroof position. The car is still locked and everything is in place ie nothing nicked or anything, no signs of tampering etc.

Is kurvy haunted???? or do i have a electrical fault????

Any thoughts????? :confused::confused::confused:

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how does that work? can you do more than just lock/unlock alarm and de-arm?

what's the story?

·
Where does that road go?
12,574 Posts
It's called Comfort Opening and it's something you can ask a dealer to deactivate for you.

When you hold down the unlock button on your key fob, the windows and sunroof open. To close them from outside the car, put the key in the lock and hold it in the locking position.

It was activated on my old Cooper and I twice came out to it with the windows partly down. My Cooper S already had it deactivated when I purchased it. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so that's front and back windows fully open and the roof back as far as the first opening????

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow - just gone out and tried that!! I'd better get that disabled....

Cheers guys, I guess I don't have a ghost in the machine just a lumpy pocket!!!! :D

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
My new S has this feature (with just the windows) and I hate it! It panics me, but I always walk away from the car with the keys in my hand until I am a safe enough distance away from it where the windows will not open if the button is pressed :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts