MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 05 JCW intake should be here tomorrow, Im thinking to get an upgrade software at the time, do you guy prefer Powerchip or GIAC from Helix? Any experience?

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
You posted previously that you have a 2003 JCW "S" and were getting the JCW intake but not the larger injectors and associated ECU remap. Unless you got the intake at a steep discount, I can't understand why you didn't pay the $75 extra for the complete upgrade kit :confused:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MINIAC said:
You posted previously that you have a 2003 JCW "S" and were getting the JCW intake but not the larger injectors and associated ECU remap. Unless you got the intake at a steep discount, I can't understand why you didn't pay the $75 extra for the complete upgrade kit :confused:

I got mine under $350 with resell permit!

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Couldn't you have gotten the JCW upgrade kit at a similar discount?

Adding the GIAC ($325) or Powerchip ($690) to what you're already spent is going to put you at or over what the JCW upgrade kit would cost installed, and then you wouldn't have software specifically tuned for a Works car.

Sorry, I'm not seeing why you're going this route. It makes more sense to sell the JCW intake and go for the full upgrade.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MINIAC said:
Couldn't you have gotten the JCW upgrade kit at a similar discount?

Adding the GIAC ($325) or Powerchip ($690) to what you're already spent is going to put you at or over what the JCW upgrade kit would cost installed, and then you wouldn't have software specifically tuned for a Works car.

Sorry, I'm not seeing why you're going this route. It makes more sense to sell the JCW intake and go for the full upgrade.

Our shop is dealer for GIAC and it happen that I can get both software at no cost for my own car. I talked the my guy and he said the 05 intake shouldnt be a problem with aftermarket software.

Btw, our shop does Porsches, BMW, and Ferrari

www.lucentmotor.com

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
S1monLM said:
Our shop is dealer for GIAC and it happen that I can get both software at no cost for my own car.
Free software :cool:

Can't offer any input on which one is best. If they allow you to restore the stock ECU map you could try both.

Can your shop get you a "blank" UNIchip at no cost? Those you can have tuned specifically for your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts