MINI Cooper Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am sooooo glad I came on here and found this thread (I haven't logged into Mini2 for nearly 2 years!!!).

We've just bought a Boxer puppy called Izzy and I've been telling the wife that we're going to have to trade in the Cooper S Convertilbe to something a little more practical... thank God that the Clubman looks big enough. I was getting worried that I'd have to swap my MCSC for something a bit too dull and run of the mill... like a Golf :eek: or a Focus :eek::eek::eek:

She's tiny at the moment but give it a couple of months and she'll be a big bundle of slobering fun!

Seeing as everyone else is post photos of their dogs, here's our beautiful little girl...

Izzy The Boxer - a set on Flickr

·
Registered
21 Posts
HI we just got an 08 MCCS because we have a bull mastiff puppy :p which was getting too large for the 05 checkmate ,the problem is the dealer says he can't supply the mini dog cover because of quality control issues:mad: they say that BMW have put them on hold.
Is there an independant way to verify this fact and/or are there any good alternatives for big drooly dogs.
Much thanks

·
Registered
1,851 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
What a great thread !!! my 2 favourite things in life my mini and my dog :)

Considering a Clubman D at the moment. I have a Miniture Schnauzer called Alfie but its hard work getting him in and out of the back seat of my Cooper D and my daughters not impressed when I put him in the front and her in the back !!!

This is Alfie! hopefully we will find a suitable Clubman D soon :D

Great photos of all your dogs in the boot !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
In complete agreement about Poochstyle cargo mats. Juliana was extremely helpful and walked me thru all the options for my Clubbie. Yesterday, my cargo mat w/ bumper flat, front seat extenders, and "new" side extentions arrived. It's fantastic: well-made and top notch workmanship. Poochstyle even provided pre-cut holes to help tether my pups both to the floor eyelits and the rear seat latch.

Definitely head to the website and check out all the options. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

cheers,
albert

PS: Emma is adorable!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Would it be possible for someone to take pictures and measurements of their OEM boot protector? I've been in the queue for one since APRIL and according to my dealer there is a 27-person backorder list in the US alone. MiniMania used to sell them (at $50 over OEM MSRP) however they are now listed as "no longer available".

As time passes, the more my hopes dim for getting an OEM cover, unfortunately. I have seen 3rd party sites that make ones for "animals" and although I do have 2 dogs, I would like something a bit more sturdy and less "fluffy" than the ones they sell for pets. So, I'm thinking of having one made (my MIL sews :) ). I assume that they aren't anything fancy.... rectangular floor with rectangular front and side panels and a fold out rear flap. I just need some measurements and pictures of the "details" (e.g. the suction cups to the windows, detail by the front seats and detail of the rear flap with bar).

Would anyone be so kind as to privide these?

·
MINI2 Part-time Lurker
61 Posts
Would it be possible for someone to take pictures and measurements of their OEM boot protector? I've been in the queue for one since APRIL and according to my dealer there is a 27-person backorder list in the US alone. MiniMania used to sell them (at $50 over OEM MSRP) however they are now listed as "no longer available".

As time passes, the more my hopes dim for getting an OEM cover, unfortunately. I have seen 3rd party sites that make ones for "animals" and although I do have 2 dogs, I would like something a bit more sturdy and less "fluffy" than the ones they sell for pets. So, I'm thinking of having one made (my MIL sews :) ). I assume that they aren't anything fancy.... rectangular floor with rectangular front and side panels and a fold out rear flap. I just need some measurements and pictures of the "details" (e.g. the suction cups to the windows, detail by the front seats and detail of the rear flap with bar).

Would anyone be so kind as to privide these?
We just received our Pooch Style boot cover, but haven't taken any pictures with it in the car yet. If we use it this weekend we'll take some shots and post them. I'd seriously consider just ordering one from them, unless you're looking for something you can use for hauling heavy duty loads.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I am looking something where the main goal is protection, not creature comfort.... so I don't think a "pooch" boot cover would be OK for me

61 - 70 of 70 Posts