MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The Glove Box Catch has broken on my 05 Cooper. My local dealer says that they replace the entire Glove Box when this happens. But, a catch is listed as a replacement part. Is it possible to replace the catch and if so how. I can see how to remove the Glove Box, but cannot figure how to access the lock/catch. Help!

Thanks in advance.

Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oooops, I forgot the car is 1 month before it's Warranty expires. So it's a warranty job:smile:
My excuse, well I spend all my spare time playing with old British bikes produced by factories that no longer exist. So what's a warranty!

Thanks anyway

Tom

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
My glove box catch broke too. Don't really know how though. I Got BMW to have a look at it as I thought it would be a replacement catch too. Nope they changed the whole glove box. Sorry!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I cannot guarantee what I say here....but anyway!!

I have just installed a glovebox into my MCS 02 and all the bits in the locking mechanism are prone to breaking. While installing the coded lock I popped out many bits and spent a happy hour putting it all back together. I'm sure you can buy the parts seperately and mend it yourself, depending on which bit is broken. The other requirement is very small hands!

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Even though it is listed in parts, the local dealers cannot actually order it and replace the unit as a whole.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts