MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first time that I posted here and I hope this post goes where it should.

Has anyone ever put quarters into the built in slots in the glove box door? The first time that I did and shut the door they all came out of there slots and some how managed to find there way between the two layers of the door. When the door is open and I tap on it I can hear the quarters jingle... Driving makes them rattle around. Does anyone know how to remove the inside portion or the outside portion of this door?

Thanks for any and all help,
Shelly :silk:

·
Registered
727 Posts
The Glove box inner & outer moldings are vibration welded together. This makes them impossible to separate without destroying one or both of them.
Suggest you take the lid off the glove box by removing the long hinge pin and try and shake the coins out the the sun glasses aperture or handle aperture.

·
MINI2 Lover
463 Posts
woah that's funny and terrible in both ways..I hope you get those bad boys out. By the way anyone else hear rattling from your glovebox lid even when just driving?? I think the unevenness of the roads and vibration made by the car noise itself makes the lid rattle..anyone else experience this? If so how would i fix it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.