MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
R53 Cooper S Owner
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my lockable glovebox broke yesterday, it got stuck shut after a big cracking noise from the handle. So I managed to get it open but the hook to hold it shut must of snapped as its floppy and does not move with the handle. So im looking to buy a replacement on ebay as I've heard its like £150 from BMW for one.

1. Can I buy just a replacement door, rather that the whole glovebox?
2. Does the lock work with any key?
3. I have a facelift 54 plate Cooper S, will a glove box from for example a 52 plate fit?
4. Do all mini's have the same coloured plastic interior?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Some answers
#1 Best to buy the whole lot in one piece as trying to take it apart and re-assembly with a new door will not be easy. A new unit complete is an easy fix, take out 5 screws disconnect the light and reverse the procedure to fit the new one. The only added thing is if you have auto AC and you have AC in the glove box via a small pipe device

# 2 The lock will only work with your key, the lock barrels are manufactured to your car keys. You can take out your original lock barell and fit it to the new glove box, fiddly but take your time and you will work it out, best done with the glove box out of the car.

#3 I do not know.

#4 yes I believe so.

·
R53 Cooper S Owner
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some answers
#1 Best to buy the whole lot in one piece as trying to take it apart and re-assembly with a new door will not be easy. A new unit complete is an easy fix, take out 5 screws disconnect the light and reverse the procedure to fit the new one. The only added thing is if you have auto AC and you have AC in the glove box via a small pipe device

# 2 The lock will only work with your key, the lock barrels are manufactured to your car keys. You can take out your original lock barell and fit it to the new glove box, fiddly but take your time and you will work it out, best done with the glove box out of the car.

#3 I do not know.

#4 yes I believe so.

Hi so this one below should fit into my car, am I correct?

BMW MINI GLOVEBOX Complete with fitting screws & light on eBay, also, Mini, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 29-Jun-08 22:32:03 BST)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts