MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, this is probably an easy fix, but my glovebox light is not working.

It never worked when i got the car last week, I have changed my interior lights to led's inc glovebox lights and still not working.

Any ideas how to fix ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all other interior lights work not sure if it would be fuse unless this is on a different one to rest of interior ?

anyone else any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
What year is the car John? It may not have had a glove box originally and then had one retro fitted but not wired in! I retro fitted one in for my mate last year but I wired his up so it works when it opens

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Could be a break anywhere so you'll need to check from the switch back. Get yourself a test lamp or multimeter as this will help trace the fault

·
Registered
24 Posts
What year is the car John? It may not have had a glove box originally and then had one retro fitted but not wired in! I retro fitted one in for my mate last year but I wired his up so it works when it opens
Hi Sean, I have just retro fitted a glove box to my 02 Cooper (R50) as it only had the shelf, can you remember where you picked a feed from for the glove box light?

Regards, Brian.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Hi Brian, you can easily pick a feed off the cigarette lighter as that's fed off the ignition and saves splicing wires if you use a double spade terminal ;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a F55/F56 car without a light package, but it have a glovebox connector an on/off switch. I suppose that previous car's owner can install a light lamp into the glovebox, but the cars without a light package does not have a 9pin Red/yello wire in X434*1B connector that connects a glovebox light to Terminal 30B (Fuse F70 and relay) to provide a power for glovebox lamp. You can cut a red/yellow wire on the pin9 X434*1B connector and connect it directly to the red/yellow wire from the Z4 front power distribution fuse box.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts